The complete Miss Marple

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by jaccairn, May 21, 2009.

1. jaccairn New Member

I came across this today Agatha Christie: Agatha Christie breaks a Third World Record and whilst I was looking at the pictures and actually getting my head around what the book looked at, it got me wondering how on earth you read something like that.

It's not exactly a lap or bedtime book. I suppose you could read it at a table which isn't the most comfortable to read, or put it on a lectern and stand and read it; but then I start getting images of ancient, dangergous tomes, hidden behind velvet curtains with candles flickering around...

I prefer my Miss Marples as light, curl-up-in-a-chair reads.
  2. mazekin Member

I couldn't read it. I have a couple of trilogies in 1 book and I've never actually read them - I tend to just grab the singles and read them seperate. Kind of cool thoug :smile:
  3. randywine Member

I like oddities like that (not at £1000 though...).

Definitely not for reading but more for just sort of having I guess.

R.
  4. redneck New Member

It's only function is to sit in a prominent place in the bookshelf or on the coffee table. The singles that were actually read are in a tote somewhere in the attic.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

I totally want to buy that and read it on the commuter train... just for the sake of looking really weird...
  6. Hsing Moderator

Now that would be a picture! You'd need help for getting on and off the train though...
  7. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Didn't we used to have porters for that sort of thing?