The coolest house ever...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

2. KaptenKaries New Member

Wow! Amazing!

"Lift logs, prop up, nail together and continue until no longer wobbly."

Fool proof plan, really.
  3. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Terrific idea, and so simple!

But would it cope with a herd of escaped cows grazing the roof?
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

As Neanderthal said : "Eat them before they trample your house" :D
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That is a great house. I love the new 'organic' architectural styles that have been growing up in the last 30 or so years. My sister wants to build herself a rammed-earth house as soon as she has enough money, or a straw-bale house (all the jokes about that one have already been made).
  6. mowgli New Member

It looks absolutely awesome and I almost want one, except that I couldn't find a bathroom in any of the floor plans :?
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

The point is you build it yourself, so you could make yourself a house full of bathrooms if you wanted to ;)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

It a super brilliant house. The guy is being totally ripped off with his web hosting though if he's paying £600 a year for that little site. :)
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yeah, that struck me too... weird.
  10. Hsing Moderator

Contact him - tell him you'd host his site for half the money... ;)
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

nah, the Maljongarn Webhosting Corporation will happily host his site for two thirds his current cost.

150 of it goes to mal to host the site, the other 50 goes to me for administrative fees.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

2/3 of 600 is 400, that leaves 200 for me for high quality web expertise and coookies.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

I've found stuff to put in my house...

Pebbles
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

the other 200 goes to getting me some remedial math lessons!
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yeah, sure, as if anyone would be dumb enough to even attempt that for anything less than a million... :cooler:
  16. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba is willing to teach Garner...
  17. missy New Member

Hmmmmm

Me thinks Ba will want payment in pies and the punishment for non submission of home work is going to involve Weasels and alot of heat instead of detention!

Could be fun!
  18. Roman_K New Member

That is cool, though at times the pictures make it look a little... fragile. Still cool though. :)
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

This will definately not be in that house, but it's still cool.

The Floating Bed

[IMG]
  20. mowgli New Member

Weee!!! Does that mean that, if this technology can be applied to train-on-a-rail type system, we can finally have a functioning Hovercraft? Granted, it would still be tethered to its rails, but at least one can escape (somewhat) unharmed, if accidentally fallen under the train. Did that make sense?
  21. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Magnetic bed, great idea! Just the thing for us old 'uns with metal hip joints, pacemaker and steel plate in the head. At least we wouldn't fall out.

Besides, if everyone in a big city fell for the advertiser's "Every home must have one" ploy, wouldn't that much concentrated magnetism play havoc with the earth's natural magnetic field? Could be a bugger for navigation.
  22. TamyraMcG Active Member

They all use GPS these days. Even the guys that go fishing on the little lakes aroung here have GPS. They keep track of the "hot" spots with them.
  23. Pepster New Member

That house is just weird. I'd be afraid of someone walking on the roof and falling through. Lets not even consider termites.

Somehow I still don't reckon it will be healthy.

To make a bed like that, in a practical way for mass production (not that there is much that is practical about it), would require a powerful electro-magnet to produce the magnetic field.

For two reasons, a) it can be build to exact specifications and b) it can be turned on/off and the field strength can be adjusted (to match a persons weight?).

Long term exposure to such a powerfull magnetic field would be not be a good thing.
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

I have found the emergency exits for my coolest house ever...

[IMG] [IMG]

How anyone can live without these, I don't know. Actually, these should be regular exits, not just for emergencies !

For the story, the building they're attached to is a pretty basic building, next to an amazingly beautiful church with glazed coloured roof tiles... I have no idea what the slides are/were for, they certainly look like they're made for human use... Oh I WISH !!

I can has slides ?
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That would be awesome! Like in the Magic Faraway Tree.
  26. spiky Bar Wench

The slides were for the ejection of heretics, blasphemers and others who were just not our kind of people.

Of course there would be a vat of tar and feathers at the bottom of the slide...
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

Why should they have all the fun ?
  28. spiky Bar Wench

because only heretics, blasphemers and people who aren't our kind of people are allowed. The pious seem to see fun as being had by other people and somehow its always ungodly. So people who are having fun must be punished!
  29. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh, ok. Right. Then I'm a heretic !

Garner smells ! **prepares for sliding**
  30. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*sends rinso to stand next to Kat*