The Most Ultimate Birthday Surprise Party Ever!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[b:240786482d]Gracecon '05[/b:240786482d]

Many many many thanks to Ben and Kenny for driving people down to see Buzzfloyd for her birthday. Many many thanks to ella for getting up early enough to come, and Doors and Avgi for flying in. Yes, that's right. Sacchrissa flew all the way out here just to see Buzzfloyd on her birthday.

Nobody does anything like that for mine.

Toastling sent a lovely card, Mal and Marcia sent a lovely game that I rock at but most everyone else sucks at. Especially Doors. Other people were going to contribute gifts and visits but were unable to. In some cases, because the gift exploded prematurely (Get well soon, Ba!) and in others because Rinso is a ratfaced no-beard non-irish looser who lost the pirate game II by default and lost the penguin games by default and lost... well.. just LOST by default in every possible thing. Loser.

Doors put up with much abuse, we ate pizza cause I was too lazy to cook, and I think it was a good time for all involved.

I think Avgi managed to get a photo of Grace's reaction when the surprise was sprung, and we'll try to upload that soonish.
  2. Tephlon Active Member

I sent a lovely gift that will arrive shortly, if the Portuguese mailsystem doesn't eat it.
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Damn you defult!

I have a gift which can one day be sent once I have an address and work up the effort of posting it!

I'm sorry i couldn't be there.

Stupid work!
  4. Hsing Moderator

And I've sent a card, but the German mailsystem has dogs trained to sniff out my mail and eat it.
  5. Toaf New Member

HAH! I sent a card beforehand. :lol:
  6. Perdita New Member

Grace , My present is that cloud you can see if you take a look outside.*

No not THAT cloud.

The one over there.... to the right of the one you thought it was

*Didn't you know I can magic clouds? And such an amazing gift!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Cool, glad it all worked out. :)
  8. Electric_Man Templar

WOW! That is a surprise, you could've told me...
  9. Tephlon Active Member

Sorry Ben, you have to be a friend of Grace to be included in the surprise... :)
  10. Bradthewonderllama New Member

11. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Sounds like a good time was had by all. (except Rinso)
  12. colonesque10 New Member

A good time was had by all except a hitchhiker on the way home that managed to get a Lorry to stop for him only for the Lorry to then drive off when he approached it. Luckfully me and Ella chased the Lorry and killed it's driver.*

*The last sentance may not be true**

**In fact the last sentance is not true***

***Also I have lost my underwear. :(
  13. Orrdos God

It was a fine couple of days.

Amusingly, Kenny actually bought himself a pair of Mr Perfect socks.

He also has a skew wiff lilo and a 70's sleeping bag.
  14. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:e96148bd74="Orrdos"]... a skew wiff lilo...[/quote:e96148bd74]

A what?! A skiff with Lilo?
  15. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:8160f2c809="Orrdos"]It was a fine couple of days.

He also has a skew wiff lilo and a 70's sleeping bag.[/quote:8160f2c809]

I did not buy myself a pair of Mr perfect socks, they were a present from some glamorous model if I recall correctly. :)

Also Doors, skew wiff must surely be spelt skewiff or something like that. And my lilo ws only skewiff because Ben was trying to steal my 70's sleeping bag. :)
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

We had a brilliant time! The surprise party was a real surprise, as you will be able to tell by Avgi's embarrassing video! I am second best at Penguin Pile-Up, and [i:c6cb2767c5]will[/i:c6cb2767c5] take the crown from Garner.

Thank you very much to everyone who has sent me presents and cards. Thank you again to everyone who came to the party, and for those who couldn't, hopefully I'll get to see you soon!

I'm somewhat overwhelmed by how many people have done stuff for me for my birthday. Thank you! :)

PS Mal and Marcia, next time we visit, we'll bring Penguin Pile-Up and tackle you with it! (And we'll also get you to play it with us and see who wins. ;) )
  17. Tephlon Active Member

Did my present arrive yet?
  18. Saccharissa Stitcher

I would like some assistance from anyone technologically gifted in prying a photo of Grace from the video I took when she walked into her house and saw people who were not supposed to be there.
  19. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:f77448cfbe="Tephlon"]Did my present arrive yet?[/quote:f77448cfbe]
    It just arrived! It [i:f77448cfbe]RAWCKS!!![/i:f77448cfbe] :D

Thank you, Bauke!

For those who don't know, it's a tshirt (in a turquoise colour that suits me very well), with a speech bubble containing the following:

LAMJ! :(

Edit: except that doesn't do it justice!
  20. Tephlon Active Member

Cool, glad you like it.
  21. Delphine New Member

[quote:bb86429dfb="colonesque10"][quote:bb86429dfb="Orrdos"]It was a fine couple of days.

He also has a skew wiff lilo and a 70's sleeping bag.[/quote:bb86429dfb]

I did not buy myself a pair of Mr perfect socks, they were a present from some glamorous model if I recall correctly. :)

Also Doors, skew wiff must surely be spelt skewiff or something like that. And my lilo ws only skewiff because Ben was trying to steal my 70's sleeping bag. :)[/quote:bb86429dfb]

Me and Kenny decided that Ben must be a sleepingbagosexual.

Also, in one of the pics, when they get posted, look out for Garner's choice of reading material. :lol:
  22. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:cb3d1bfbbc="Saccharissa"]I would like some assistance from anyone technologically gifted in prying a photo of Grace from the video I took when she walked into her house and saw people who were not supposed to be there.[/quote:cb3d1bfbbc]
    * Run the video, pause at appropriate jaw-dropping moment.
    * Then hit [b:cb3d1bfbbc]Printscreen[/b:cb3d1bfbbc] (On my keyboard [i:cb3d1bfbbc]PrintScrn[/i:cb3d1bfbbc])(Should be on the top righthand side of your keyboard)
    * Go to Paint (or Photoshop if you have that) and paste (Usually ctrl-v) the picture.

Edit: I am of course assuming you have a digital camera and are able to get the video on your computer.
  23. Saccharissa Stitcher

Photos are up!

[img:6362173678]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/c90282a4.jpg[/img:6362173678]

The Usual Suspects [Kenny, Ben, Steven, Donna with baby Dawn and Ella]

[img:6362173678]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/ff89375d.jpg[/img:6362173678]
    Grace is surprised

[img:6362173678]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/Flabbergasted2.jpg[/img:6362173678]
    Very much so

[img:6362173678]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/QueenVic.jpg[/img:6362173678]
    Us and Queen Victoria. She's the one on the pedestal

[img:6362173678]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/GoneWithTheWindRe.jpg[/img:6362173678]
    Windswept by the seaside
  24. Delphine New Member

Wicked :)

I look like i'm desperate for the toilet in the one with Queen Vic. I was just trying to make myself shorter so i wouldn't block the people behind me. How unnecessary that was. I must remember how short I am in future :|

Grace was uber surprised! It was brilliant.

Note Doors giving the usual friendly Scottish salutation in the first picture. :roll:

Edit ~ Also: It was UNBELIEVABLY windy.
  25. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:0766e20d3a="Delphine"]Edit ~ Also: It was UNBELIEVABLY windy.[/quote:0766e20d3a]

In case anyone didn't notice, I was struggling to keep upright...

Great pics Avgi!
  26. Maljonic Administrator

That looks exactly like the Queen Victoria in Brighton on the King's Road seafront.
  27. Garner Great God and Founding Father

yes, but does the Queen Victoria statue in Brighton have a stone plaque carved by grace's dad sitting in front of it to explain the bullet hole in her knee?

the statue's knee, not grace's.
  28. colonesque10 New Member

Great photo's avgi. 8)

The Scots are such friendly people..... :p

PS: Just second after that windswept photo we all ended up drifting out to sea, far too close to France for our liking. ;)
  29. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:d93f4d0fed="Garner"]yes, but does the Queen Victoria statue in Brighton have a stone plaque carved by grace's dad sitting in front of it to explain the bullet hole in her knee?

the statue's knee, not grace's.[/quote:d93f4d0fed]No it doesn't; though the scale is differet the scene is very similar, the statue with a green square of grass begind it surrounded by houses. Victoria is looking out to sea in the Brighton one, is she in the Hastings version too?

Victoria in Brighton
  30. spiky Bar Wench

The photos are cool... That decor brings back such lovely memories of the epileptic fit inducing colour scheme... who could forget??
  31. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:f89dc47bd4="Maljonic"]Victoria is looking out to sea in the Brighton one, is she in the Hastings version too?[/quote:f89dc47bd4]
    Yes, she's almost right on the seafront.
  32. Delphine New Member

33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Revenge of the penguin... I love that picture!

The book that crops up in a couple of those was a birthday present from my friend, the Evil Fairy (Hermia on this site), about how animals have sex. It provided a lot of amusement. Did you know that a barnacle's penis is so long that if you had a barnacle the size of a human, it's penis would be as long as six double decker buses stacked on top of each other?
  34. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Will you stop telling me that already...
  35. Tephlon Active Member

36. Toaf New Member

37. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:ca0229902b="Toaf"][quote:ca0229902b="Tephlon"]Picture of the T-shirt I sent Grace.[/quote:ca0229902b]

That's really nice, tephlon. Did you have it printed on?[/quote:ca0229902b]

It's a high quality transfer. I forgot to take a picture of the t-shirt before sending it...
    Buzzfloyd, by the way, has the second incarnation of this shirt. I accidentally failed to read the instructions and used normal paper instead of non-stick paper. and well... it stuck... :?
    The original t-shirt has been destroyed. Hers is the only one in existance.
  38. sampanna New Member

Hey, nice photos! Grace does look awfully surprised, doesn't she? :)
  39. Saccharissa Stitcher

Photos and captions by Ben

[img:22488c1acd]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/IReadAStoryToMyChildren.jpg[/img:22488c1acd]

Avgi reads a story to her children

[img:22488c1acd]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/Somekidsjustdontlisten.jpg[/img:22488c1acd]

Some kids just don't listen

[img:22488c1acd]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/Kennyissuesachallenge.jpg[/img:22488c1acd]

Kenny issues a challenge

[img:22488c1acd]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/RevengeofthePenguin.jpg[/img:22488c1acd]

Revenge of the Penguin

[img:22488c1acd]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/dr_dandie/KennyWorldsWorstRugMeKeepingDistanc.jpg[/img:22488c1acd]

Kenny is world's worst rug while Avgi tries to keep her distance
  40. Electric_Man Templar

Revenge of the penguin is my favourite picture that I've ever took.
  41. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:f758fd2daf="sampanna"]Hey, nice photos! Grace does look awfully surprised, doesn't she? :)[/quote:f758fd2daf]
    On the video, I look like that for several minutes. I just kind of stood there, saying, "[i:f758fd2daf]You're[/i:f758fd2daf] here! And [i:f758fd2daf]you're[/i:f758fd2daf] here!" I was pretty thick for a moment. :)
  42. OmKranti Yogi Wench

So, when do we get to see this video then?