The next person...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

I've seen similar threads on other boards and it can often be quite funny. I make a statement and the next person to post says whether it is true or false and then posts their own contribution.
    Let's take our brain's out for this.

Here we go...

The next person on this thread has odd eyebrows!
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm afraid so. I have never bothered to pluck them, they are very long and both have places where the hairs grow in a different direction from the rest.

The next person likes to binge on sweets.
  3. Hsing Moderator

I never noticed anything strange about your eyebrows, and believe me, my family has some of the stranges eyebrows you can imagine.

And the answer is...
    Oh yes, she does! It's under control, though, since I allow myself to binge on one day per week, and have fruit ready at all times during the rest of the week.

The next person finds classic music boring.
  4. redneck New Member

I find classical music very stimulating. I love driving while listening to classical music. It stimulates the brain and keeps me alert. I've gotten two speeding tickets listening to Igor Stravinsky.

The next person is a very sloppy eater.
  5. Gypsy New Member

Not so...it's hard to be sloppy eating with chopsticks. It's all so dainty.

The next person despises cleaning house.
  6. randywine Member

You're correct! I think House should clean himself - he is a doctor after all.

The next person on this thread is chasing rainbows.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

True, although not permanently, I only chase them when I see them... Which is of course stupid as they are not actually IN any particular place, it's all angles and water droplets and all, but I have been known to make Reg drive around in circles looking for the perfect angle for a rainbow picture.

Oh, did you not mean litterally?

(oh and it is totally possible to be a sloppy eater with chopsticks! :D)

The next person is a dog person.
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hell, yes! I told my mum about Evil Puppy and now she wants to get a dog from Coppe's mum.

The next person despises emo and indie music.
  9. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well, that's half way there. Some I like, some I don't.

The next person chews the end of their pen/pencil when writing.
  10. Gypsy New Member

Definitely. Sometimes I eat the whole thing without thinking while musing over a particularly troublesome sentence...

The next person is delighting in the onset of spring.
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh yes, I love the way the colours all begin to appear, the flowers appearing and the mornings and evenings becoming lighter!

The next person really loves hot spicy food.
  12. mowgli New Member

Only to an extent where I can still discern the taste :smile: .. otherwise it becomes less of a culinary experience, and more of "inflict a whole lot of pain on me please!"

The next person loves to dance!
  13. Ba Lord of the Pies

Particularly on graves.

The next person has an uneasy feeling that Ba's talking about them.
  14. Pepster New Member

Only if I'm on Ba's turf.

The next person really really likes shoe polish.
  15. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Absolutely!
    Fell boots for the winter, sandals or bare feet when I can during the summer, but a high gloss pair of black leather brogues for stamping on people, in time to an accordion, every time :D

The next person cannot stand to see pictures hanging crooked in other people's houses.
  16. Gypsy New Member

True, it sets off my OCD...'but that dish doesn't go there. It's supposed to be on the top shelf! 1 2 3 4 5, 1 2 3 4 5, 1 2 3...'

The next person adores broccoli.
  17. spiky Bar Wench

mmmmbroccoli, especially with cheese sauce or in a stir fry.

The next person has a tact problem.
  18. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba doesn't have a tact problem. He uses precisely as much tact as a situation calls for. It's just that sometimes the situation calls for exactly none.

The next person doesn't notice anyone sneaking up behind them.
  19. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Actually, I've been hyper sensitive to it since a man did creep up behind me a while ago. On this occasion it wasn't Ba, though.

The next person is always late, however hard they try to be on time.
  20. randywine Member

I'm not late, your watch is wrong, and by that I mean everyones watch is wrong, except mine. So are all the train timetables...

The next person is being obscure.
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm not. Not at all, but I could if I wanted to. In fact maybe I am a little. But that's beside the point...

The next person has a rubber ducky.
  22. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Unashamedly, yes! :redface: Durham University have an annual Duck Race on the river. The thing cost me three times as much as the normal entry but he lives quite happily in the bathroom now knowing he hasn't drifted out to sea.

The next person doodles on any paper at hand during phone calls.
  23. redneck New Member

I walk while on the phone. Usually I walk in circles or squares. It helps me think and gets rid of restless energy.

The next person has painted their toenails green.
  24. spiky Bar Wench

No you are mistaken. Thats not nail polish, its gangreen (sp?).

The next person in this thread needs a hair cut...
  25. TamyraMcG Active Member

Well, I could stand a trim, but I'm letting it grow as long as I can, it has been a couple of years and it isn't very long yet, sigh.

the next person prefers seeded grapes.
  26. randywine Member

Of course I do - at least you know where they have come from... I mean how do you get seedless grapes? They don't have any seeds!:smile:

The next person hides under their desk.
  27. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well, I might if there were room, but there's a shelf with a printer on it, a dead scanner and a lot of other crap down there.

The next person is fiendishly quick at solving crosswords.
  28. TamyraMcG Active Member

nope , only the ones in the TV guide, and i usually give up if I don't succeed in a few minutes, my mom always hogged the crossword puzzles. maybe I'll buy a book and get back into them....

the next person doesn't like butter.
  29. Katcal I Aten't French !

If only! One of my favourite snacks when I was a teen was a big slice of country bread and a thick coating of salted butter. Hmmm. And thinking back, that does explain quite a bit.

The next person has more money than sense (this, of course doesn't prevent them from not having much money)
  30. spiky Bar Wench

I don't know about the sense part but I'm comfortable even with a bloody huge mortgage hanging over my head. Bring on the recession its made life so much more affordable...

The next person has a pet.
  31. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

*sigh* I'd like to, although I'm aware they're expensive, hard work and very limiting. Sadly, we're poor, have no garden and live in rented accommodation. Garner wants a Golden Retriever and a rabbit. One day!

The next person thinks Tallulah is a lovely name for a girl.
  32. chatnthat New Member

oh tallulah is a lovely name for a girl... i considered it for both my daughters, georgia and grace.

the next person is sat reading this while they're supposed to be working! (just like i am now! hehe) :lol:
  33. willbaforce New Member

Well that goes without saying. I am sat reading this instead of working.

The next person loves marmite in all forms!
  34. Katcal I Aten't French !

I do love Marmite, although I'm not sure how many other forms it can have? spread on bread and butter is how I like it...

The next person has an annoying little itch. Just there. Yep. There.
  35. spiky Bar Wench

Yep I do after being attacked by mossies in the middle of the night, I woke up itching on my face, neck and chest. Bloody bugs...

The next person has blue suede shoes.
  36. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Uncanny!
    I think I still have an old 78 rpm recording, even older than vinyl, lying around in a storage box with the very same title.
    Of course seeing me without socks and having failed to apply the ointment, you could also think you were correct :D

The next person checks their hair daily to see if any grey/white streaks have appeared overnight.
  37. Tephlon Active Member

Well, not daily...
    It's mostly the beard though.

The next person LOVES mushy peas.
  38. TamyraMcG Active Member

Absolutely false, I hates them, way worse then Hobbitses.

The next person knows what a Lihc is.
  39. Ba Lord of the Pies

Of course Ba knows what a Lihc is. He has defeated many a Lihc with the power of his awesome moxie.

The next person doesn't know the true history of their home; the countless murders on sacred ground, the uneasy dead, or the curse that lies on all who stay on the property.
  40. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Does this curse have something to do with Doors and that bottle of Irn Bru? I should have known... Why didn't you reveal this before, Ba?

The next person has visited more than three capital cities.
  41. TamyraMcG Active Member

I have visited more then three state capitol cities , if by visited you mean rode through them in a semi truck.

The next person's favorite flower is the daisy.

Ba, who are you in the kingdom? I am Tamide, SueSue, and Dewanda. I can't help it.
  42. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Sorry, both the Joculatrix and myself prefer lily-of-the-valley. It's the only plant that will grow in one damp, dark corner of our garden but the scent wafting in through the kitchen window on a warm evening is great.

The next person hates currants buns or scones.

Will somebody tell what a Lihc is please?
  43. spiky Bar Wench

Blasphemy! ALthough I'm not sure I know what a currant bun is, you've just gotta have scones to make it a proper high tea...

The next person has a typo problem.
  44. TamyraMcG Active Member

A Lihc is a monster that lives either in the Misspelled cemetary or the Cyrpt, much like the legendary lich it is a floating head with many tentacles, eating a lihc eye pie will confer some protection against spooky damage in the Kingdom of Loathing.

Yes I do.

The next person learned to tie their shoes after age five.
  45. mowgli New Member

Well, when it came to shoe-tying, I didn't have a choice (no Velcro in Communist Russia!), but I confuse my left and my right to this day!

The next person knows the name of the critter on Willbaforce's avatar!!! (I do!!!!)
  46. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well, I should, since Willbaforce posted it in the introductions thread, but it didn't actually sink in because it was too foreign.

On the subject of fictional characters, the next person knows the name of Nigel Molesworth's best friend.
  47. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Sorry, I don't even know Nigel Molesworth. (But I have a feeling I should!)

So, in light of today's experiences in the Joc's household (moving house for the mother-in-law)...

The next person hates to throw household objects away even if they're broken and totally useless. :shock:
  48. Katcal I Aten't French !

All too true! Hence the availability of spare toaster parts for strange craft activities...

The next person has seriously considered entering a game show at least once.
  49. randywine Member

I did! Weakest Link it were. Got the application form, never filled it in. Guess I wasn't even part of the chain...never mind the title character.

The next person has an inappropriately large collection of cuddly toy animals.
  50. TamyraMcG Active Member

I suppose it might be, 3 dogs-2 tiny, one life size border collie, rabbit, pig, 2 teddies- one blue, one gray, several dog toys that I haven't sent with the dog yet- duck- elephant, skate (fish), hedgehog, there's probably more too. The sad thing is they all have been acquired since I reached my majority, my mom bought the gray teddy for me 11 years ago and I brought the border collie from my sister's kids when they moved to Minnesota 4 years ago. I even have a plush pirahna on my bathroom wall.TMI?

the next person bites the head off their chocolate bunny so it doesn't suffer as much.
  51. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Not really. I use the five point, vibrating palm techniques from 'Kill Bill' before it's even unwrapped.
    That way you can't even see the happy little smile as you sort out the big pieces for yourself :lol:

The next person forogot to adjust their clocks for Daylight Saving/British Summer Time.
  52. Hsing Moderator

Well, that depends. Finally, after months, the clock in our kitchen is showing the right time again.

The next person doesn't drink enough water.
  53. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I really don't, and I keep having a sore throat as a consequence. It's hard to keep up the water drinking when the kitchen is two storeys down and you can't walk around easily. :(

(Joc - Nigel Molesworth's best friend is Peason. See the books by Geoffrey Willans, illustrated by Ronald Searle. Google Molesworth or St Custard's.)

The next person went to church this morning.
  54. redneck New Member

I didn't. I went for coffee and a blue-berry bagel. Enjoyed a relaxing time reading Ray Bradbury and then playing Su-Doku.

The next person has been in a play.
  55. spiky Bar Wench

Yep. When I was 11, I played the screaming mother in a house that burnt down, and the kid in our adaptation of "When the Wind Changed". So the sum total of my acting career was to scream and to make faces... Oscars here I come.

The next person wants to be in a reality TV program.
  56. Ba Lord of the Pies

Yes, Ba wants to be in Survivor. He's pretty sure he'd be the last one standing.

That's how it's played, right?

The next person has dreamed of the board or personalities thereof.
  57. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Oh God, it's true. More than once! Particularly vivid was the one I had before we got married, in which I dreamed that Kenny and Rinso showed up to our wedding dressed as Colon and Nobby.

The next person has attended a political protest.
  58. Hsing Moderator

Oh yes, she has. Depending on the why and how, she still does occasionally.

The next person has a scar he/ she is proud of.
  59. chatnthat New Member

well, my boyfriend certainly has! due to a bout of chronic pneumonia, which resulted in having several tubes inserted into him (which has left a line of scars like a smiley face) and he just loves the scar from his heart op - i'm proud of him, so i guess that must count!

the next person has seen a ghost
  60. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Not seen, but I was working/living on a large estate in the Lake District several years ago and had a three day experience of smelling newly baked bread permeating the house. It wasn't until a week or so afterwards I learned that the previous occupant's mother had died there and the three days were the same dates leading up to the anniversary of her death.

The next person has an unusual pet.