The things people can sell!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Pixel, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Pixel New Member

While in the UK I found this on sale in a pub - the mind boggles!

Edited to remove spurious URL control block
  2. Orrdos God

They use Noddy Holder in the advertising.

I'm not entirely sure where they came from, they just appeared in shops one day a few months back.
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

There's a woman at my workplace who wouldn't shut up about 'nobby's nuts' when we still had a sandwhich lady coming round with snacks.

while up in leeds, the hotel bar didn't have normal peanuts, but they had 'sahara' nuts which were peanuts in some sort of corn starch and paprika coating.

i dunno if that's the same deal as nobby's nuts or not, i usually prefer lightly salted myself
  4. Pixel New Member

Noddy Holder to advertise Nobby's Nuts? I think they're targetting Rinso! (Sorry Rinso - couldn't resist it!)

I suspect, from vague memories of BBC "look at what these funny foreigners do as advertising" programmes that they are Australian in origin - I am sure someone out there can confirm.

(Those spaces in the names seem to be enforced by the bold function - they are not in the original text - Mal - is it not possible to bold/italicise parts of words?)

Edited to try Mal's suggestion and to say "Thanks, Mal - that seems to work"
  5. Maljonic Administrator

It might be if you use HTML code instead of BB code. :)

P.S. in the case of italics and bold this simply means using brackets like this >and this < instead of ones like this [ and this ]
  6. Electric_Man Templar

Actually, the 'joke' of the advert, is something along the line of...

"Not Noddy's nuts, Nobby's nuts."

From that line you can mentally envisage the rest of the advert, if your mind's twisted enough.
  7. Pixel New Member

The only British TV channels we get on the cable here are BBC1 and BBC2, so I have not seen the adverts - I'm not sure I want to envisage the rest of the advert, despite acknowledging possession of a twisted mind - I am going to bed soon and do not want nightmares!
  8. Ecksian New Member

Nobby's Nuts have been available in Australia as long as I can remember.
    Their slogan used to be "Nibble Nobby's Nuts", and all the kids would add, "Before he nibbles yours!" :?
    I'm not a big fan of peanuts, but the honey roasted cashews were nice.
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

God of no memory! We had Nobby's Nuts for the first time in York, and I made a big deal out of it then. And we had many packets of them when we were at the Clarence pub the other day, and I pointed out to you that they were the same brand we'd had in York.

I find them highly amusing. :)
  10. Delphine New Member

The advert is weird. I've never tried them, but I know of the Sahara nuts of which the GGG speaks... I think you get them all over the place, with variations on the name. They used to sell them in a pub in Canterbury as "Hot Nuts". They're quite addictive. This pub also used to sell pickled eggs, and rum soaked chillis. And alcoholic ice cream in the summer.

Put them all in a blender, with a splash of warm beer, for the true taste of the English pub-sperience!