To hell with context

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Garner: i bit my lip when yawning today, and now i have a blood blister on it
    Mowgli: eep
    Mowgli: don't kiss any hedgehogs, then
    Mowgli: at LEAST until it healas
    Garner: awwww
    Garner: but they need love too
    Mowgli: yeah but you need blood. inside you. your own preferably
    Mowgli: stick to petting for now ;)
    Garner: this sounds so wrong
    Mowgli: it reads even worse
    Garner: to the boards! with quoting!
  2. mowgli New Member

my reputation as a thoroughly sane person is ruined forever!
  3. Electric_Man Templar

Sorry, I don't listen to baked potatoes
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Hedgehogs, as animals, are very underated.
  5. mowgli New Member

Amen! The world need a hedgehogs-as-animals appreciation day!!!
  6. Plugger New Member

but what about those poor poor sparrows, dont they get any love? :(
  7. spiky Bar Wench

Here here! its about time that hedgehogs stopped being usurped by badgers in the love department.

Garner you keep on petting that hedgehog!
  8. Hsing Moderator

How nobody quoted Nanny Ogg so far is admirable! You folks are truly original.:p
  9. Electric_Man Templar

*opens random Witch book to random page and finds nearest nanny quote*

"To be frank, I think the cat pissed on some of it."*

Cat's get too much attention, maybe they should share with the hedgehogs?

*small prize to whoever guesses correctly which book and what scene this is from
  10. Hsing Moderator

11. spiky Bar Wench

Wasn't that Witches Abroad? She was talking about the dwarf bread and the lowland dwarfs sigh and forgive them everything...
  12. Electric_Man Templar

Well done Spiky, your small prize is.... Ella's speed.*

*as in her pace, not her drugs... though they'd be easy to nick, she won't react til you're back on the plane
  13. Hex New Member

[quote:d8a5be34a4="mowgli"]Amen! The world need a hedgehogs-as-animals appreciation day!!![/quote:d8a5be34a4]

My friend owns a hedgehog. It is truly the cutest little animal I have ever seen and I want one. I doubt I would kiss it though, for fear of blood blisters...
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:e361e329a7="Plugger"]but what about those poor poor sparrows, dont they get any love? :([/quote:e361e329a7]

Not since I saw a completely spherical sparrow at EuroDisney... It had eaten so much crap, it couldn't even take off, how it even managed to walk I don't know, it should have just given up and rolled... It even managed to put me off finishing my 3rd hot dog... :cooler:
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Mynona says:
    to quote the beatles
    Mynona says:
    hepl
    Garner says:
    when did the beatles say 'hepl'?
  16. Mynona Member

To make a long story short

On the cover of the album 'Help' the Beatles are standing and signs for four letters H, E, L, and P. I think it was someone in America who thought they were standing in the wrong order, it didn't look nice, so they rearanged it, unfortunately the 'new' cover said Hepl.
  17. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:8aa907f8fa="Electric_Man"]Sorry, I don't listen to baked potatoes[/quote:8aa907f8fa]

But, aren't you and Kenny hanging out today?
  18. drunkymonkey New Member

Hedgehogs: you know they could just dominate the human race and crush all rebellion, but they can't be bothered.
  19. koshu New Member

I think im going to have to import a couple of hedgehogs and try get them some publicity, or something. who knows i might just go up to the president and tell him to declare a holiday like mentioned :lol:
  20. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:007b0070d6="drunkymonkey"]Hedgehogs: you know they could just dominate the human race and crush all rebellion, but they can't be bothered.[/quote:007b0070d6]Funnily enough I heard a while back that all the hippos in Africa were slowly gathering an invasion force that will swim the Atlantic, land at Myrtle Beach and conquer South Carolina. I'm not supposed to tell anyone this though.
  21. LaughingFire New Member

You betrayed the confidence of the hippopotomi! Fiend!

The Russian teacher taught me that hedgehog in Russian is 'yoorsh.' (She didn't teach me anything else, because I don't take Russian)

The Art of Discworld taught me that the Gaelic for hedgehog is grannieogg.

:!:
  22. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:2a61fc985a="Maljonic"]Funnily enough I heard a while back that all the hippos in Africa were slowly gathering an invasion force that will swim the Atlantic, land at Myrtle Beach and conquer South Carolina. I'm not supposed to tell anyone this though.[/quote:2a61fc985a]

That's not very far from where my dad teaches!
  23. Maljonic Administrator

Well then he can be forwarned, if you want him to be; if he feals an odd earthquake type sensation where the ground bounced up and down instead of from side to side, he'll know that Monty's on the move.
  24. LaughingFire New Member

:shock: Monty?
  25. Hermia New Member

Apparently, hedgehogs are tasty. If anyone knows whether or not this is true, please let me know.
  26. Maljonic Administrator

Hilda said they are, she says you bake 'em in clay then break the clay off and the spikes come off with the clay.
  27. Hermia New Member

Ok, I'll try it. Are you ready, Clay?
  28. Garner Great God and Founding Father

... no...
  29. Hermia New Member

Dammit. I bet Spiky would have been up for it. Oh well, another time, maybe.
  30. LaughingFire New Member

Poor hedgehogs.
  31. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:0a3e974a35="Hermia"]Dammit. I bet Spiky would have been up for it. Oh well, another time, maybe.[/quote:0a3e974a35]

Que? Yes definitely another time... A long time in the future.
  32. Hsing Moderator

I've heard about the hedgehogs thing... and the clay method, too. ALthough apparently, after roasting them over an open fire makes it easy to peel off the spikes afterwards, anyway. It was a lower class thing in this area. (Explains itself, really.)
  33. LaughingFire New Member

Yeah. Like the pig's-ear soup in the Auriental Empire. << >>
  34. Katcal I Aten't French !

I've checked with my husband who has eaten hedgehog on a couple of occasions (before it was banned and hedgehogs were made a protected species, I hasten to add) at his grandparents' place, and he says you just skin them like a rabbit...

And on a personal anecdote note, my nickname in my family comes from me looking like a hedgehog when I was born, on account of my dark hair sticking up in a spiky fashion on my head, so my parents called me Tiggy, as in tiggywinkle, which is apparently a south-western english slang name for hedgehogs, and also used by Beatrix Potter in the great british litterary classic Mrs. Tiggywinkle of the Peter Rabbit sagas.
  35. LaughingFire New Member

I remember her. I didn't know exactly what a hedgehog was at the time. I thought maybe she was a porcupine.
  36. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You can't EAT them. Poor Little Spikey Mites. I'd love to have hedgehog. I'd spend all my time jumping out on it and making roll up, like that china man from the pink panter. It would be wicked.
  37. KaptenKaries New Member

I used to have dreams of hedgehogs the size of elephants.
  38. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yes Rinso, you ARE wicked. But please remember for english speakers that the word wicked can also mean cool, and we can't have poor innocent newbits thinking you may be cool can we...

Another hedgehog anecdote, I saved one the other morning while walking to work... it crossed the road I was walking down, and stopped 3/4 of the way over, silly thing, and wouldn't move ! So I bravely walked over to it, put on my leather gloves, and carried the poor thing over to a safe place under a tree nearby. Yeah, I know, I'm everyone's hero... :cooler:
  39. LaughingFire New Member

Hedgehogs the size of elephants? Spiney Norman! :p
  40. koshu New Member

[quote:e02cbc2167="Katcal"]Yes Rinso, you ARE wicked. But please remember for english speakers that the word wicked can also mean cool, and we can't have poor innocent newbits thinking you may be cool can we...

Another hedgehog anecdote, I saved one the other morning while walking to work... it crossed the road I was walking down, and stopped 3/4 of the way over, silly thing, and wouldn't move ! So I bravely walked over to it, put on my leather gloves, and carried the poor thing over to a safe place under a tree nearby. Yeah, I know, I'm everyone's hero... :cooler:[/quote:e02cbc2167]

I totaly comemorate you on saving one of the cutest yet ugly little creatures in the world :)
  41. Katcal I Aten't French !

Koshu, please pay a little attention, I saved a hedgehog, not Rinso.
  42. koshu New Member

I meant you when I wrote that. Trust me after he said it would be cool to jump on one, the thought of him saving one is a little out of the question dont you think??

Still I'll say it again WELLDONE :D :D
  43. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah, she left me to get run over. The bastard.
  44. koshu New Member

well atleast your not doors or she would of maybe chained you to a train track. And please no one get any ideas.

P.s i know were you can get a very good yet reasonibly priced chain :lol:
  45. Guest Guest

[quote:3519408364="Katcal"]Yes Rinso, you ARE wicked. But please remember for english speakers that the word wicked can also mean cool, and we can't have poor innocent newbits thinking you may be cool can we...

Another hedgehog anecdote, I saved one the other morning while walking to work... it crossed the road I was walking down, and stopped 3/4 of the way over, silly thing, and wouldn't move ! So I bravely walked over to it, put on my leather gloves, and carried the poor thing over to a safe place under a tree nearby. Yeah, I know, I'm everyone's hero... :cooler:[/quote:3519408364]

What you didn't know was the Hedgehog in question wasn't trying to get to the side you put it on and had to try and brave the traffic to get to the correct side of the road! *bugger* said a little voice behind you, thought you were hearing things didn't you!!!
    :lol: