Tripod

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Aug 18, 2005.

1. KaptenKaries New Member

How did I manage to miss this brilliant comic for such a long time? Just watched through all of them, love it!

I also house a secret wish to do a guest comic, but I'm not really active enough in these boards to feel I have the authority to do it.
  2. Electric_Man Templar

As long as it's funny, it doesn't matter who you are!

We can laugh atwith anyone!
  3. KaptenKaries New Member

Damn, only the tricky bit left then.
  4. Tephlon Active Member

Fantastic Stuff Doors!
  5. Ba Lord of the Pies

6. OmKranti Yogi Wench

You're such a big meanie Ba.
  7. Orrdos God

8. koshu New Member

oh, doors i cant belive wat uve done!! the world will never be the same :lol:
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh my...

**Katcal was taken to hospital to recover after seeing the doormen thong...**

Edit to add that I am still hesitating to ask what the yellow splodge on the thong is... :shock:
  10. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Duh...its doorman piss. And I noticed they had a guy model the boxers but no chick to model the thongs. Thats sexist, that is.

These are great. Pins, woohoo.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"wat"? "uve"?

what foreign gibberish is this?
  12. Delphine New Member

I think they might be on mannequins, Om. Lame!

I want a Nester stein, and a Snails clock, and a mousemat.

Edit ~ No, wait, I see now. Sorry Om!
  13. koshu New Member

sorry im so used to msmn typing it wont happen again :roll: :)
  14. spiky Bar Wench

In honour of my holiday I was inspired to create this...
  15. Delphine New Member

Wow. That's my kind of holiday! :lol:
  16. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I Demand a Rinso Pin! And cups with comic strips on them!

NOW!
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

How about a Rinso Tripod ?

Do they do Printed sickbags ? that could be fun :D
  18. Rincewind Number One Doorman

WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO TAKE PHOTOS OF MY HOUSE!?
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

Doors. You should know by now, it's always his fault :D
  20. Rincewind Number One Doorman

That bastard.
  21. koshu New Member

hey i didn't know you lived im my neighborhood,
    cool. :D
  22. Darth_Bemblebee New Member

Discovering all almost-300 Tripod strips a few months ago was like uncovering a treasure-trove, as although i'm a complete newbit i've been lurking for a year or so, so i already feel rather fond of the lot of you......scarily weird as that may sound :p .

Returning to the old board, scarred by many a ferocious battle, and finding it deserted was quite traumatising, lol. It took me a while to hunt you down to your snazzy Land of New Hope via Maljonic.

So, back to the point, thanks for many hours of tripod-amusement Doors et al!
  23. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Glad ya found us, glad ya like.
  24. Orrdos God

25. TamyraMcG Active Member

That duck really does look pissed. :D
  26. Pixel New Member

Is that American "pissed" meaning angry, or English "pissed" meaning drunk? I got used to the confusion on that particular word when I had an alcoholic American girl-friend! (I don't think that breaks the restriction on me mentioning details of my sex-life!)
  27. Garner Great God and Founding Father

it didn't until you uttered the words 'sex life', now we have to go through the electroshock again...
  28. Delphine New Member

Look at the duck, Pixel. Does it look drunk? Is there anything to suggest it's had too many alcoholic beverages? Do the words in the speech bubble not help the differentiation process somewhat? I think there's sufficient evidence to suggest that Tamyra means "pissed off", and an amazing lack of it to suggest she meant "drunk".

Elementary, my dear Pixel.
  29. Orrdos God

Right!

I have finally done an update!

Woo.

http://www.orrdos.com/comic299.htm

Ok, the christmas comics will be completed in time for christmas.

Also, I've slipped in something new to the Tripod mix. A sub comic, which will make infrequent appearances from now on :)

It's called "Ducks" and is the tale of, well, 2 ducks.

Enjoy!
  30. Hsing Moderator

Number 301 is my favourite. More cooperations of that sort! :D
  31. TamyraMcG Active Member

I do enjoy the Ducks :lol: The time traveling ones are dandy, too.
  32. Darth_Bemblebee New Member

:D Loving ducks also. Less is more, and all that jazz.
  33. Pixel New Member

Oh, no - not the electroshock again - I can't be doing with the sparks every time I try to stroke a cat, and all these needles, pins and other bits of iron sticking to me!

(Whoever said replies on this board had to be scientifically accurate?)
  34. Pixel New Member

Well, the duck is saying that it hates water! What else would it drink?
  35. spiky Bar Wench

I like the ducks... the "I hate water" one is my boyfried all over...

Oh and the hand drawn one is also very good.
  36. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I see that "update" doesn't inclued the one that I send. You bastard. I hope some one in invents a time machine and brings Hitler to the future so he can get all Nazi on you!

Then I hope they bring Jesus to the future, and you'll think 'oh,jesus he'll help me' but really He'll just do a big shit on your face. And I'll laugh.
  37. Ba Lord of the Pies

So, electroshock to fix Pixel's sex life involves a cat.

How... interesting. *Scribbles in a notebook*
  38. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i dunno about the ducks... it seems like it's just rinso and kenny without the context that makes those strips funny. but, oh well. if other people like it, i guess the only thing for it is that i shoot doors in the face repeatedly to make him stop.
  39. Pixel New Member

You don't have to do the shooting-in-the-face bit personally - get Dick Cheney to do it (see here) - this is the guy who gets control of the US nuclear arsenal if anything happens to Dubya? Scary!
  40. Katcal I Aten't French !

Deep in my soul (or what's left of it...) I know I shouldn't be laughing at that.
  41. Orrdos God

I've got several more drawn actually.

HAH.

There is no escape from them now!
  42. Guest Guest

Doors the new tripods are great......i especially like the hand drawn one at the end.

God knows where the ideas come from. You have a very sick and twisted mind.

More Please :D
  43. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay ! more Tripod ! :D I love the ducks too !
  44. Orrdos God

Sorry for the lack of updates on this!

I have been working away on the comic, but not in a form that I can post yet. A secret (that lots of people know about) project!

I'll give more info on that later.

In the meantime, I'll attempt to draw a couple of comics I can post sometime this week

:)
  45. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Your news is rubbish. i hope one of your kidneys get eaten by a stoat.
  46. Garner Great God and Founding Father

full agreement about the rubish quality of that post. not so sure about the stoat, though.
  47. Delphine New Member

Ha ha, losers. I know what the secret project is. >looks smug<

Yes, i know lots of other people do as well. But don't ruin it.
  48. Katcal I Aten't French !

**gives the topic an over-quick readthrough and gets something about a secret project involving stoat kidneys**

Humm... :?
  49. Rincewind Number One Doorman

He could of posted the tripod I gave him ages ago. God, I think I hates doors as much as Hitler hated the Jews. And If my brief history research has taught be anything is that you couldn't say Hitler was that fond of the Jewish people.
  50. Garner Great God and Founding Father

self loathing does tend to go hand in hand with being a jew.
  51. Orrdos God

52. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba has never looked so on fire!
  53. Cynical_Youth New Member

Tripod script posted on behalf on Garner:

Panel 1: Garner, in a bathrobe with tissue boxes on his feet, long beard, long fingernails. Avgi and Buzzfloyd looking nervous.
    Garner: Everyone's turned against me... my immune system, my hygenic wipes...
    Buzzfloyd: Honey? I... I brought you some Lemsip...
    Garner: Lemsip? What is... what is Lemsip??

Panel 2:
    Avgi: (takes garner's pulse)
    Buzzfloyd: It's a cold remedy. It will make you feel better.
    Garner: I see... probably just long enough until I let my guard down and THEN - then it will stab from the dark, plunging the knife in-
    Avgi: Oh shut up and just drink it already!

Panel 3: (in the hall outside, Garner visible through the doorway holding the mug)
    Buzzfloyd: How bad is it, Doctor?
    Avgi: Very bad... if he gets any more annoying I'm going to recant my Oaths!
    Garner: (from within the room) I feel no better... You've made a powerful enemy this day, Lemsip!

Edited by garner to fix the line breaks. stupid outlook.
  54. Orrdos God

Ok, done an update!

http://www.orrdos.com/ducks3.htm

It's an important update as well.

It heralds the start of 3rd generation Tripod. Not a radical change like before, but a change none the less :)

I'd like to thank you all for your kind words over the time i've been doing this, it means a lot to know you enjoy reading them, and i hope you all like this new lot :)
  55. spiky Bar Wench

And here is the perfunctory lol so you are distracted enough not to take over the world...
  56. Ba Lord of the Pies

And to think, it all started off with a humble couple of comics mocking Bluegerbil.
  57. Rincewind Number One Doorman

God Damn you non tripod posting son of a bitch. Now When you do post mine it will look crap compared to your new shiny one. I hope your face becomes inflicked with mustaches.
  58. Ba Lord of the Pies

Feh. Doors isn't cool enough for a mustache. Especially not one of the handlebar variety. *Twirls his own evilly*
  59. Rincewind Number One Doorman

He'll get one of those mustaches that people who look like peadophiles have, you all know the type.
  60. Roman_K New Member

Is that an allusion to the silly 'Hitler was Jewish' claim? Tut, tut, Garner.