Trompe l'oeil derrieres

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by TamyraMcG, Dec 14, 2005.

1. TamyraMcG Active Member

I don't know how close I got to the proper spelling, but I've been wondering about an e-mail my aunt sent. Purportedly there is a new fashion trend in Japan, women wearing skirts printed on the back with a photographic rendering of a panty clad bottom as if that portion of their skirt has somehow become invisible. The photos that came in the e-mail could have been doctored pretty easily I'm thinking, but I suppose it could be a real thing. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

I won't try to set up a link but if anyone wants to see the pictures, email me and I will foreward them, my address is in my profile. It will take a day or so for me to get back to the boards.

I am hoping this is just a figment of someones imagination but if it isn't I promise I won't wear one.
  2. Andalusian New Member

3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yup, not only it's a hoax but it's far from new ! I remeber that thing going round a few years ago already !! :D But, hey, why not after all, could be fun... on someone else ! 8)
  4. Bradthewonderllama New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

They'll come out right after the butt print pants that say "This space for rent"
  5. koshu New Member

I just tried to get a picture into my post but I have no clue how to make a link or anything. If anyone could help id be most gratefull :)
  6. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:4441aeda94="koshu"]I just tried to get a picture into my post but I have no clue how to make a link or anything. If anyone could help id be most gratefull :)[/quote:4441aeda94]

Copy the link to the image from your browser and paste it into your post. Then select/highlight the link and press the URL button above.

Since some of us are at work, and others have kids wandering around (or both if we follow a certain series of posts ;) ) so if you think it might not be appropriate to those audiences, it's always worth mentioning it.
  7. koshu New Member

ok but what if it is a picture I made myself? how do I do that?
    :?:
  8. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:63240e5fc7="koshu"]ok but what if it is a picture I made myself? how do I do that?
    :?:[/quote:63240e5fc7]

Assuming you don't have access to a web server which can host the pic, and assuming it is not some monstrous sized file and also the subject wouldn't be offensive/upsetting to anyone on these boards (I'm sure it won't be but just in case...), then you could load it up to your private album on here. Click "Boards" from wherever you are and look in the line below for "Albums"

Once you have done that, then link to the picture you put there as described in the previous post.

Mal - correct me if that is out of line!
  9. koshu New Member

Mal dont worry its only a little pic to do with wat brad said the for rent quirp :)
  10. TamyraMcG Active Member

Thank you all for the reassurance. I was reminded strongly of those advertisements for X-Ray Glasses in the back of comic books.

There have been other fashion trends in that vein, we wore see- through blouses when I was a teenager and that wasn't the first time such a thing had happened, do you remember Scarlett O'Hara being thrilled by the idea of her grandmother wetting her chemise so her thin silk Empire dresses would cling to her body, and there were those Crecian gals who put their assets up front for all to admire.