trouble in paradise...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one: buzzfloyd and garner, buzzfloyd up in arms with rage
    Buzzfloyd: I cannot believe you would do this!!
    Garner: I-
    Buzzfloyd: Such a betrayal of trust!
    Garner: Honey-
    Buzzfloyd: I thought I knew you!
    panel two: as before
    Garner: Look, honey I-
    Buzzfloyd: Bullshit! I ought to leave you for this, and you know it!!
    Garner: Sweetie! I can explain!!
    panel three: wider view, showing a brand new massive super computer with a huge price tag behind garner, the computer should take up most of the strip if possible.
    Garner: I swear to you, I never thought you'd find out!
  2. mowgli New Member

::giggling embarrassingly in the middle of work::

edited to add: Good luck, you'll need it! :)
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Good one Garner!!
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

grace said, upon being read this strip: "I have a problem with the line 'I thought I knew you'... knowing you, I wouldn't be surprised, just angry."
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:4d339c8938="mowgli"]::giggling embarrassingly in the middle of work::

edited to add: Good luck, you'll need it! :)[/quote:4d339c8938]

for the record, when i built my super compuer back in january, it was with full permission and proper authorization.

this was inspired because a friend's husband was asking for some feedback on the components he was looking at, and he'll end up having a better machine than i do.
  6. inwig New Member

This just goes to prove that as with all things designed by men, some other beggar will come along after and do it better. There's always time to fix the problem but never time to do the job properly the first time.

As for super computers here is a (not so) secret evolutionary silicon fact - you just have to upgrade again in six months anyway.

C'mon someone back me up on this. The lifespan of the average advancement in silicate based chip technology is directly proportional to the average number of statements made by the NATO defense minister per quarter.

Spot the error in that theorum and I'll give you the real algorithm.