UK

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Thaumuser, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Thaumuser New Member

Do most of the members here live in the UK? Just wondering.
  2. KaptenKaries New Member

No, I come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Ten points and a cyber hug to the one who spots this reference first.
  3. Roman_K New Member

Me, I live in the land of exploding buses, though admittedly they haven't done so lately.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

5. peapod_j New Member

I live in Scotland where the haggis are free (not).
  6. Tephlon Active Member

I come from the land of Tulips, Clogs, Weed and Red Lights (according to anyone who is actually not from there) but I live in the land of sun, sea, corruption, bad drivers and good food.
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

I be living in the North of England. Where everyone is poor.

Damn.
  8. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:782d019796="KaptenKaries"]No, I come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Ten points and a cyber hug to the one who spots this reference first.[/quote:782d019796]

Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin). Wooo. I love that tune.

I am from all over the place, but currently reside in US & A.
  9. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:603f68d842="OmKranti"]Immigrant Song (Led Zeppelin). Wooo. I love that tune.[/quote:603f68d842]

That is correct. *hug*

Although I think Immigrant Song actually means Iceland and not Sweden. But minus the hot springs, it's a pretty decent summary of Sweden and as I can trace my heritage back to vikings I'm allowed to sing of Valhalla. ;-)
  10. Tris New Member

Yep, I'm in the UK
  11. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:53e3a13409="Tris"]Yep, I'm in the UK[/quote:53e3a13409]

Hey Tris, just FYI that avatar is currently being used by another poster of ours named Missy. I got confused for a second. You might want to consider changing it. :)

Edit to say I think her actual name is MissWhiplash, but we call her Missy. (don't we?)
  12. KaptenKaries New Member

[quote:b760a11dec="OmKranti"]
    Edit to say I think her actual name is MissWhiplash, but we call her Missy. (don't we?)[/quote:b760a11dec]

And under no circumstances what so ever do we call her Whippy. Ooops! AAaaaargh *flees*
  13. Angua_rox New Member

Ireland. But I lived in England until I was 8. So I get dual heritage.
  14. chrisjordan New Member

Pfft.
  15. Dane New Member

I live very close to that place that almost everyone in the world knows... manchester.

damn manchester united.
  16. spiky Bar Wench

I live on the opposite side of world to the UK. You can figure it out.

And we do have a map showing where we all are. I'm too lazy to get the link for you so you can find it yourself on the home page :)
  17. plaid New Member

you need to add an 'i wish' option on that poll there. seriously.

at the moment i live in the middle of a green weed-infested ocean.

next week i'm running away to live on a beach.

yep.
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

19. Bradthewonderllama New Member

20. redneck New Member

Not just the US, but southern to boot. Yeehaw.
  21. Faerie New Member

22. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'm from one of the best states in the United States, if you don't mind winter when you least expect it, or when you do expect it.

edit typo
  23. mowgli New Member

I'm from Ukraine, I live in the US, AND I got to visit the UK for a week. It was awesome and only rained once :)
  24. Saccharissa Stitcher

No, I live in Greece. And the city I'm currently living in is as rainy and humid as London.
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Garner never posts in these things, but he's from the US and lives in the UK.
  26. Orrdos God

Does it really matter?

Why the UK? Why not just ask where everyone lives?

Meh.
  27. Hsing Moderator

For some reason, the member's map doesn't display any tags for me...
  28. Angua_rox New Member

I can't figure out how to add my location :(

Grar.
  29. QuothTheRaven New Member

I live in California, the Golden State.
  30. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:a32b1cbc39="Hsing"]For some reason, the member's map doesn't display any tags for me...[/quote:a32b1cbc39]I think the map is broken, might be a temporary Google thing.
  31. RebelwithoutaPause New Member

UK here... in fact small word that it is Im probably within 20 miles or so of Dane.
    Rugby boy eh?...now is that Real Rugby or that pale immitation that public school boys play:)