Um... Thanks, I think...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

So, today we got a parcel in the post, and being the impatient sort who're not likely to wait for christmas, we opened it.

It was a knife.

The knife came with a card, but the card only said 'Merry Christmas', nothing at all about who it was from.

Now, most of our family and friends are, shall we say, 'unusual' people (read: fucking mental), but who do we know that might have sent us a knife with no explaination or prior warning.

I already checked with Ba, and he said he wishes he'd thought of it, but it wasn't from him.

This leaves me a bit puzzled, and even a tiny bit frightened.
  2. Electric_Man Templar

Weird... maybe they forgot the fork, spoon and other items to make up a brand new cutlery set for your leisure

Have you checked the postmark to see where it was sent from?
  3. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Definitely a strange gift, would it un-puzzle you if I sent a copy of my User Manual? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Maljonic Administrator

5. KaptenKaries New Member

Great idea, but no, it wasn't me.
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I once send you a spoon...
  7. Maljonic Administrator

"Close enough," said Chief Wiggum, "take him away boys."
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Not me either, I wouldn't have wasted the postage, I would just have planted it in your coat pocket so you got arrested and stripped at the airport security check :D

EVIL PUPPYYYYYY ! :D
  9. Delphine New Member

Scary. Ever exchange christmas cards with Tony? ;)
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

yes, actually... but the post mark was from somewhere in england, not wales.
  11. Delphine New Member

It sounds like someone's idea of a joke, probably with the intention of freaking you out a bit. You must have some bizzare forgotten pals.
  12. Hsing Moderator

Mua.

Creepy.

You didn't even take part in Secret Santa, did you?
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I still have Bob and his letter.

Hsing, I *did* take part in the Secret Santa, but this still seems a touch on the unusual side...

For clarification, we're not talking about a butter knife here, but a meat knife. It appears to have been ordered online by someone and sent with this little card, as Garner says, which simply reads, "Merry Christmas".
  14. Maljonic Administrator

It is probably just your secret Santa gift then, I hope it is anyway.
  15. Hsing Moderator

It definitely looks like a take on the *stabs* thing.
    If it's been ordered online, you should be able to find out who sent it in any case. But maybe the person outs his/herself...
  16. spiky Bar Wench

I just checked the secret santa lists and your present should be coming from the US not the UK...

So the plot thickens.
  17. Tephlon Active Member

Creepy.

Seriously though, if no one comes forward in the next 2 weeks I'd have a talk with the local police.

It was ordered by the 'net so there should be a trail...
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm sure it's just a family present. Seriously, our families are all completely mental and not terribly efficient at the whole communication thing. We'll find out which well-meaning relative sent it soon enough.
  19. Ba Lord of the Pies

Really, Ba's kind of annoyed. If anyone is going to send Garner a mysterious knife with a Christmas Card, it should be him.
  20. sampanna New Member

Somehow, one feels that pie-cutting knives just won't measure up to a meat cutter.

Sounds weird though, sinister even. Just stay extra careful, even if it's probably someone's idea of a prank.
  21. KaptenKaries New Member

...and a sinister little midget, with a bucket and a mop, where the blood goes down the drain...
  22. Angua_rox New Member

Wierd. Very wierd.
  23. drunkymonkey New Member

You were proposing to complete the set? That means a fork next year.
  24. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Ah hah! it was from my dad.
  25. Katcal I Aten't French !

Garner, remind me never to cross your dad. :D
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Seriously, Kat. You have no idea. He spawned the Garner.
  27. sampanna New Member

It must have been interesting growing up!
  28. Katcal I Aten't French !

**shudders**

Let none of us ever speak of this again. :shock:
  29. Roman_K New Member

Samphs, I can assure you that Ba has many knives of many shapes and sizes. After all, the, um, filling needs to be... cut down to size.
  30. Roman_K New Member

Why am I not surprised?
  31. Angua_rox New Member

Did he have a reason? Other than the fact that he is a garner, and so does that kind of thing?
  32. Garner Great God and Founding Father

yeah, he wanted to get us something that would last, and be useful. he says these are the best knives in the world and will last for ages if one takes care of them properly.

i'll need to get a steele now though. when i moved over here, i picked up a big 'ever-sharp' chopper at Tesco's, and was given a matching set of four smaller kitchen knives as a wedding present. they're still quite useful at cutting, despite being two and a half years old or older, but time has yet to tell if they'll be the knives our kids learn to cook with and accidentally maim each other upon.
  33. Angua_rox New Member

#Nervous laughter#

And he didn't think of like, putting in a card or something? Strange.
    But then, my family are wierd too!