Unfortunate website addresses

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

I try to make websites with addreses that reflect their content, but I think I would have thought a little more before I submitted this for domain registration:

http://www.molestationnursery.com/ :)
  2. chrisjordan New Member

Oh oh! There's another one of these kind of addresses I was shown, but I've forgotten it... :rolleyes:
  3. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Wasn't there one called www.penisland.net

They sell pens. I think.

Edit to change .com to .net, silly me, should have checked it out first.
  4. chrisjordan New Member

Penisland! That was the one.
  5. Bob New Member

[quote:24dfedcccd="Maljonic"]I try to make websites with addreses that reflect their content, but I think I would have thought a little more before I submitted this for domain registration:

http://www.molestationnursery.com/ :)[/quote:24dfedcccd]

:lol: :lol: Stop it, I'm crying!

they say they have a lot of sheep and cattle.. :shock:

~B:wink:B~
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

This made me laugh immoderately. :D
  7. Bradthewonderllama New Member

You know, It took me a while. I kept reading it as "Mole Station Nursery"

I guess that I'm too pure *looks bashful*
  8. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Llama!! Hey!
  9. Bradthewonderllama New Member

10. Marcia Executive Onion

[quote:233031b5d7="Bradthewonderllama"]You know, It took me a while. I kept reading it as "Mole Station Nursery"

I guess that I'm too pure *looks bashful*[/quote:233031b5d7]

I did too. It took me a while before I could figure out what everyone else though was so funny.
  11. chrisjordan New Member

I, on the other hand, had to click the link before I realised it was Mole Station. :roll:
  12. Maljonic Administrator

Me too, even after that I thought it was some kind of seedy joke. :D
  13. Bob New Member

I saw molestation and didn't understand it was mole station until clicking the link..

Funny how different people see things, guess the guys over at the nursery and penisland are pure too :)

14. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Now penisland...
  15. mowgli New Member

If they're so pure, they didn't see the implications of penisland, it must be purity next to Godliness!

Buy our divine pens!
  16. Bob New Member

The spam warning is funny, considering their name

[quote:ebe858dec0]We have received a number of complaints from people concerned with vulgar emails coming from our domain, PenIsland.net[/quote:ebe858dec0]

Hmmmm

17. Electric_Man Templar

A customer today had the e-mail nickname of: "ihavethreenipples"
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Haha! Their humorous choice came back to haunt them in a professional context. :D
  19. Faerie New Member

20. sleepy_sarge New Member

21. Toaf New Member

22. fairyliquid New Member

[quote:6f43227ffe="sleepy_sarge"]and of course that world famous holiday resort (what [i:6f43227ffe]were[/i:6f43227ffe] they thinking of?)

http://www.sandy-balls.co.uk/[/quote:6f43227ffe]

Its not as if this is a mistake...they have actually called themselves "Sandy Balls Haliday Centre"

I don't even see any sand...
  23. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:c85f65460b="fairyliquid"]
    Its not as if this is a mistake...they have actually called themselves "Sandy Balls Haliday Centre"

I don't even see any sand...[/quote:c85f65460b]

and (thank heavens) there seems to be no sign of....oh never mind... :)
  24. Maljonic Administrator

25. Marcia Executive Onion

[quote:6e9b836157="sleepy_sarge"][quote:6e9b836157="fairyliquid"]

I don't even see any sand...[/quote:6e9b836157]

and (thank heavens) there seems to be no sign of....oh never mind... :)[/quote:6e9b836157]

There is an explanation of how they got the name here.

As it says,

[quote:6e9b836157]
    the family’s connection with Sandy Balls continues to this day[/quote:6e9b836157]
  26. Bob New Member

[quote:365d334a93="Maljonic"]This one could be useful for some: http://www.expertsexchange.com/ :yarr:[/quote:365d334a93]

I've been to this site many times and never noticed the name! Doh!

27. Faerie New Member

28. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:551ecbbe98="Toaf"][quote:551ecbbe98="Faerie"]http://www.whorepresents.com/[/quote:551ecbbe98]

:shock:

I had to click the link before I got this one.[/quote:551ecbbe98]

Me too.
  29. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:686a4ad6a8="Faerie"]http://www.gotahoe.com/
    [/quote:686a4ad6a8]
    This is the only one that baffled me, and still does a little. I thought it was obviously a website about gardening tools, but I wasn't sure what else you'd read into it. So I clicked on it, and found out it was about going to Tahoe. So now I'm still confused about why it's unfortunate rather than just mildly amusing. I'm guessing there's a confusion between the spelling of hoe and 'ho'?
  30. Maljonic Administrator

I think it's more to do with the way it sounds than the way it's spelt? :)
  31. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

But then it wouldn't be unfortunate, because this is about how things look when written down. Am I just being too literal? And am I the only person who thinks of a gardening tool first when they see or hear the word 'hoe'? :?
  32. Roman_K New Member

[quote:370a6d8414="Buzzfloyd"]But then it wouldn't be unfortunate, because this is about how things look when written down. Am I just being too literal? And am I the only person who thinks of a gardening tool first when they see or hear the word 'hoe'? :?[/quote:370a6d8414]

Mayhap. Be thankful that you're not American.
  33. Maljonic Administrator

I would say yes to both, especially in this day and age with Americanisms becoming increasingly acceptable in British dialogue. :)
  34. spiky Bar Wench

35. Electric_Man Templar

36. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:448a93e304="Electric_Man"]a slightly more subtle one: www.gasheating.co.uk[/quote:448a93e304]

:D
  37. roisindubh211 New Member

I've tried, and I've tried, but I just don't get it. You're just too subtle for me.
  38. sleepy_sarge New Member

LOL well I couldn't bring myself to explain. But worry not, you are not the only person in the world not to see this (I suppose it all depends on what slang is used in the reader's part of the world)

If you really want to know (and don't shoot the messenger!) The answer is given in this exchange

Sorry in advance!
  39. Smoking_GNU New Member

Mmmm... :shock: :oops:

Thank you very much for that one, now i need to go wash out my brain. That will now be stuck in my mind for the rest of the year.
  40. Maljonic Administrator

I still don't see what's bad about gash eating, I take it that gash is slang for something? Oh wait, it couldn't be could it... how in-the-gutter! :)
  41. sleepy_sarge New Member

Actually...these same sites are quoted quite a lot on boards "out there". I wonder how many hits they get as a result of Finbarr Saunder types, (who me??? - never!!) who then go on to buy a pen or gas heating or whatever.

Maybe they are not as daft as they seem.....
  42. roisindubh211 New Member

oh why did I ask... :cry: