Upcoming Honorary Doctorate for PTerry, Trinity College Dublin

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by TheJackal, Nov 13, 2008.

1. TheJackal Member

For those living in Ireland and especially Dublin, I just read on Paul Kidby's website that PTerry is to receive an honorary Doctorate of Literature (LittD) from Trinity College Dublin on Fri, 12th December.

As I work in Dublin it would be great to go along & listen to his speech, etc. Was on Trinity's website but no news about it yet.

Who should I ring to enquire? English Dept.? General enqueries? I'd assume it'll be a ticketed affair so would like to move fast to get one!
  2. mazekin Member

I'd say General Enquiries. At least they could point you in the right direction. At least, if they've heard it is going on

Go Terry!
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh, oh oh oh oh oh oh !!!! Wannanananago!! I'm just down the road from Trinity, really must find out how when where, ohhhhh! *faints from excess excitement*
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Make sure you get some pictures if any of you lot over there go. :)
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hmm, I have asked General enquiries, they don't seem to know much about it, and the English department was "out to lunch" (sounds very UU eh!), will try again later...
  6. TheJackal Member

Lunch in universities appears to be at least 12.30 to 2.15 and if they can be arsed enough to answer the phone. And they bugger off after 4!
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

So I guess you haven't had any luck either eh?
  8. Meyano New Member

Not sure if you guys know yet, but HE is coming on the 13th, tickets are "on sale" now, although free you do need to email for them :pirate:
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Sheesh, that's just the information I wanted ! Who should we email ? General trinity email or some specific address ? Woohoo, please let there be some left !
  10. TheJackal Member

Great stuff. Sat, 13th suits me much better, though I do have an exam the next morning (yes, on a sunday!)

Email address would be great, Meyano :)
  11. Meyano New Member

Tickets are all gone

I'm afraid they've run out of tickets :'( I didn't even get one, so devastated, very tempted to stalk outside the place at 3 to catch even a tiny glimpse.........
  12. TheJackal Member

I spoke to a lady in general enquiries & she told me only family of people being conferred were allowed to go!

But each ceremony usually has an overflow room. A videolink shows people in the next room all that's going on. Perhaps not as good as being in the main auditorium but better than nothing!

Not sure what time of day it's on though on the 13th?
  13. Meyano New Member

13th

I think its on around 3pm on the 13th, this was an interview with him, but i've been told that only 1/10 of the people who asked for a ticket got in, so there seem to be a huge amount of disciples in Dublin!! :pirate:
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

Crappitty crap a doodle doo... Oh well, got my work christmas do that day anyway so would have been rather busy anyway :(