Voice chat

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Ecksian, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Ecksian New Member

With the number of people taking part in the U.M.B.A.D.S. production of Mort, I realised that a fair few board members have microphones.
    I'm wondering, does anyone use any voice chat software like Teamspeak or Skype?
  2. fairyliquid New Member

My family used to use Yahoo a lot to talk to family abroad...now we have moved to Skype. I tend to shun anything remotly similar to phones as I hate communicating without being able to see someones face (webcams just aren't the same) But it's quite useful and saves masses on long distance phone bills!
  3. Tephlon Active Member

I have Skype installed, but my sister and parents don't have (working) microphones.

I also have Google Talk, but only my best friend is on that and his and mine schedule seem to conflict a bit.
  4. Pixel New Member

I use Skype, but normally only as a cheap way of getting international calls - this evening I had a thirty minute conversation with my sister-in-law and brother in the UK (I was speaking from Brussels) and it cost me 35 Eurocents (24 pence British, 42 cents US - anybody else will have to work it out for themselves :) ) I have used it to speak to my ex-boss computer-to-computer, but those two functions are as far as I have taken it - maybe I need to explore a bit more.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Used to use voice and video chat on MSN with Marcia before she moved to England.
  6. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Skype user here.
  7. spiky Bar Wench

I just got skype cos my dad wants to talk to me using it. I've done the test one but have yet to talk to anyone else...
  8. Ecksian New Member

Well, my skype addy is Ecksian if anyone wants to add me.
    Just post or clacks me your skype name before you do or I won't accept. :p