Wait, were we at war with Euroasia or Oceana?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

2. sampanna New Member

Haha. Bush is priceless .. he doesn't even bother to backtrack and cover himself. And his statement itself, well, what does it mean? We will complete the mission, do the job but adjust to tactics? For a broad statement like that, the only adjustment can be we won't complete the job.
  3. Roman_K New Member

I wonder if Bush even knows what he's saying at any given moment.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

hell man, that raises the whole issue of defining what the 'job' is...

build a stable iraq? not bloody likely while it's full of US troops...
  5. Roman_K New Member

[quote:66b5f831e9="Garner"]hell man, that raises the whole issue of defining what the 'job' is...

build a stable iraq? not bloody likely while it's full of US troops...[/quote:66b5f831e9]

*shrug* Building a stable Iraq doesn't seem possible, period. Not unless the Iraqi military can be brought to the same strength and efficiency as the American military. The way it looks like at the moment, Coalition forces leave a town, a militia moves in, Iraqi military cries. It's going to be city-states soon, the way it goes now.
  6. spiky Bar Wench

If the job is a stable Iraq how do you measure when thats been achieved? Its a bit like the question "how long is a piece of string?" or the one my students like to ask "how much do you expect us to write in the exam?"...

This goes beyond getting the job done, it also includes knowing the job has been done... Bush doesn't know how to find his own arse never lone when a job has been completed.
  7. Pixel New Member

[quote:ea0c2d245e="spiky"]If the job is a stable Iraq how do you measure when thats been achieved? Its a bit like the question "how long is a piece of string?" or the one my students like to ask "how much do you expect us to write in the exam?"...

This goes beyond getting the job done, it also includes knowing the job has been done... Bush doesn't know how to find his own arse never lone when a job has been completed.[/quote:ea0c2d245e]

A description of someone in the script of a play I was lighting recently struck me as much better - "Couldn't find his dick with both hands and a map!"
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*smacks pixel*

no mentioning penises! go to the penalty box.
  9. Pixel New Member

[quote:83c385f439="Garner"]*smacks pixel*

no mentioning penises! go to the penalty box.[/quote:83c385f439]

In that case, you'd better join me there, because you just have as well!
  10. sampanna New Member

[quote:0fe483b17c="Pixel"]
    In that case, you'd better join me there[/quote:0fe483b17c]

Given the context :p
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I'm a moderator. i'm allowed to do that sort of thing.