Wanted: People with lots of time on their hands!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hex, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Hex New Member

As quite a few of you know, a few weeks ago I finished writing my novel, a 30-chapter science fiction novel for teens and older.

So, I'm looking for denizens of the board who have lots of time on their hands who would be happy to read this novel and give me some constructive criticism: i.e. tell me what isn't good and how to improve it. :D

Please respond in this thread with a way for me to contact you, and I will email you the book in an attachment (there's way too much of it for me to post it all up here).

Many thanks!

Hex :)
  2. sampanna New Member

I can try! I'll pm you my email address .. I doubt the hotmail one would take a big attachment.
  3. QuothTheRaven New Member

Exactly how big is this attachment. I am on dial up internet, and large files tend to cause problems for it.
  4. Hex New Member

Sorry, should have said that: The attachment is about 492 KB.
  5. QuothTheRaven New Member

That should be okay.
  6. Andalusian New Member

I would love to read it! Just drop it my way.
  7. Mynona Member

I'd love to read it, just send it my way. Er. I think my mail is somewhere on here.

Also, I have a tendency for longwinded reviews, hope you don't mind.
  8. spiky Bar Wench

You may get a better response if you do it chapter by chapter / or in sections...I'm always up for a read although I can't say i have an awful lot of time on my hands... I'll need to be a person you juct give a chapter/section to.
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm a bit like Spiky. I don't have much free time, but I would like to read the book. I have just said I will read through Mynona's story and copy-edit, though, so I may become a bit snowed under. However, if you don't mind slowness, I'd like to read it. My email is in my profile, I think. It's buzzfloyd at hotmail dot com.
  10. Mynona Member

*looks innocent*
  11. fairyliquid New Member

whats it about? if you dont mind me asking. :)

I'd also love to read it, I just like to know what I'm reading :D
  12. Tephlon Active Member

I'd love to read it.
    I once read your story about the guy in a coma, and I was very impressed. (I forgot to tell you... sorry)

I'll PM you my gmail adress.
  13. Hex New Member

Come to think of it, I should have posted that in teh first place! :oops:
    Thanks for suggesting it Fairyliquid :)

Here's a synopsis I typed up a while ago that should give a general idea of the story.

Protectorate: Synopsis

Sergei Ivanovich is a guardian of the future, a member of an ancient brotherhood called The Protectorate. Since birth he has been trained for a special destiny -- to protect the person who will save the world from destruction, The Savior.
    On his 17th birthday, Sergei is sent undercover to undertake the task he was born to perform; protecting The Savior one-on-one.

But things don’t run so smoothly. No one told him that The Savior was in fact a geeky girl of his own age who has a knack for debate and an unhealthy fixation with science fiction. Her name is Lily Craven.

Sergei, as her protector, undertakes the role of her new best friend, and over the months things appear to be fine.

But things get out of hand. Someone is trying to kill Lily. Several someones in fact. So Sergei and Lily have to run away from all the bad guys… whoever the hell they are.

And then They invade earth, and there aren’t many places left to run. And Lily’s been having bad dreams. Dreams that keep coming true…

But what is Sergei’s real destiny? Is it really just to protect Lily? And how exactly is Lily supposed to be The Savior of the World?

And what is Sergei going to do, when he falls in love with Lily? …

Also, Spiky and Buzzfloyd, I'm happy to send you the book a few chapters at a time, alll you need to do is let me know when you want more via clacks or e-mail.
    That goes for anyone else with a little less time on their hands.

Everyone else, I'll try to send you the attachment within the hour. And Mynona, long reviews are much appreciated. :)
  14. Hex New Member

Oh, forgot to say, I'll be sending this using my gmail address: jediknightgirl at gmail dot com. Gmail deals better with attachments IMHO. :)
  15. Silverfox New Member

You can add me to your list if you wish, I enjoy the fantasy fiction aimed at the teenage market, my email address id in my profile.
  16. Kat_in_the_Hat New Member

I'll read it a few chapters at a time...I just dont want to print it and my computer time can be limited. rplemmehearit at aim dot com
  17. fudgecake New Member

18. fairyliquid New Member

Still love to send it, looks good (if the summary is any judge) adnil.weber at gmail
  19. Dane New Member

Sounds good to me, I'm sure I'll be able to dig myself out of this coursework landslide for longenough to read and evaluate it.

I'll PM you my email.
  20. Wizzard New Member

I could probably have it read, proofread, edited, printed bound and sent back to you with pretty pictures before any of these fine people could get to chapter 2. I'm just that good.

send me a copy if you want..have some feedback for you in 2 days.

jerry_hayes2@hotmail.com
  21. Andalusian New Member

I am nearly finished, will get back to you soon I promise.
  22. fairyliquid New Member

you never sent me the story, either that or I missed it....
  23. Hex New Member

:oops: Sorry about that fairy. I did send it to a bunch of people. I'll check my email outbox to see, and I'll email you another copy as soon as I can (but I'll be out today so it may be a bit).
  24. fairyliquid New Member

that was very strange...i just read this post and the email popped up. Your timing is excusite!