Wolves and wormwood

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

I was just pointed at this by a colleague and though it may interest you guys. This girl rides around the "Forbidden Zone" around Chernobyl on her bike (asphalt doesn't store radiation apparently, so you're ok if you stick to the roads, and it does look like she is careful about it all...) and takes pictures. Some pretty mind-prodding things to be seen (just click "next page" at the bottom of each page...)

KIDDofSPEED - GHOST TOWN - Chernobyl Pictures - Kidofspeed - Elena
  2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Now that is scary. I do remember seeing a collection of photographs from an organized press party if only I could remember what the link was.
    Hotels with trees now growing in the foyers, hospital wards still full of equipment with vegetation coming up through the floor. Whole fleets of wagons left to rot. Ghost town was not even close as a description.
  3. randywine Member

Fantastic link Kat - Thanks

Loved the 'bring it on' attitude of: Good girls go to heaven. Bad ones go to hell. And girls on fast bikes go anywhere they want.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

yep, that was one of my favourite bits too :D
  5. Gypsy New Member

That was a really amazing link Kat.

I was half thinking 'So stupid!' and half 'You go girl!
    She seemed educatied enough about it, yet still so daring. Awesome.
  6. mowgli New Member

I've read her photo-journal a while ago - it IS pretty mindblowing!

One of the things that stayed with me was the notion that people are still living in the area, eating the produce they grow, and breathing the air. And if you ask them why, they say "Where else would we go?"