WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Roger Waters playing Dark Side of the Moon, July 1st in Hyde Park.

The Who will be playing on July 2nd.

I declare Doormancon 06 II officially open.
  2. Hermia New Member

Cool! We'll enjoy that. You can't come though, Garner, you'll be in Amsterdam!
  3. Saccharissa Stitcher

I'll do everything humanly possible to attend
  4. Victimov8 New Member

Sounds like a weekender - Depending on Amsterdam...
  5. Electric_Man Templar

From http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/060308a.shtml

[quote:97819a8ec4]Tickets are priced at £42.50 for either day, or £80 for both days, and go on sale at 9am on Friday 10th March. We'll have links to buy at that time.[/quote:97819a8ec4]

Just thought I should mention that to anyone wishing to go. Quite probably worth that - especially if some more decent bands are added to the bill. So far I see Texas and Starsailor on the first day and Primal Scream and Razorlight on the second.
  6. Victimov8 New Member

Oh crap - I just remembered trying to get home after the last time in London... Dawn breaking kind of thing :cry:
    Most get better travel arrangements...
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

we've booked tickets and a hotel. if anyone else is planning on going, we can meet up at hyde park or whatever.
  8. Hermia New Member

Looks like Mr Hermia and I will be coming! This sounds too good to miss!
  9. Hsing Moderator

I'll [i:fa14e674c8]so [/i:fa14e674c8]sob into my pillow tonight.
    I miss out on [i:fa14e674c8]everything [/i:fa14e674c8]cool happening [u:fa14e674c8]worldwide[/u:fa14e674c8].
  10. Hermia New Member

You get the world cup! According to Mr Hermia, that's a good thing.

(Feel free to slap me if you want.)
  11. Hsing Moderator

*slaps*

That only means I'll have to plan two months evening activities as if I were a single mom. They call that a football widow over here.
  12. Electric_Man Templar

Oooh, if you're not interested in football, did they give you any free tickets that you don't want? ;)

*checks schedule*

Preferably for June 10th in Frankfurt, 15th in Nuremburg and/or the 20th in Cologne? 8)
  13. Hsing Moderator

Sure, you get two with every bus ticket nowadays.
    Do you need my bank account number?
  14. Electric_Man Templar

Yeah, the bank name and the sort code would be useful too - possibly also your security code for your card. I believe I still have your address.

Oh, and that computer looks nice, I'll take that as well.
  15. Hsing Moderator

16. Andalusian New Member

[quote:eab4d38e10="Garner"]Roger Waters playing Dark Side of the Moon, July 1st in Hyde Park. [/quote:eab4d38e10]
    :shock:

Garner, I was happy not knowing that. Now you've made me sad. :(

Damn geography!
  17. Hermia New Member

[quote:6ae1bcbb8f="Hsing"]*slaps*

That only means I'll have to plan two months evening activities as if I were a single mom. They call that a football widow over here.[/quote:6ae1bcbb8f]

I too am a football widow. It's not just two months though - there's the champions' league, and the fa cup, and the uefa cup, and then about 5 minutes which is apparently off season, during which he spends all his time in the pub watching friendlies. Hmph.

A good trick is to wait till an exciting pre-goal moment, and say to him quietly, "we're going to England in July, honey, ok?" Then when he says "YES!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! GERMANY-Y-Y-Y-Y-!!!!!," (or "ja, ja, deutschland", or whatever) you write it on the family calendar. Nearer the time, if he protests, you can say, "but we planned it, sweetheart!"
  18. davobanavo New Member

[quote:34a1ac7904="Hermia"]A good trick is to wait till an exciting pre-goal moment, and say to him quietly, "we're going to England in July, honey, ok?" Then when he says "YES!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! GERMANY-Y-Y-Y-Y-!!!!!," (or "ja, ja, deutschland", or whatever) you write it on the family calendar. Nearer the time, if he protests, you can say, "but we planned it, sweetheart!"[/quote:34a1ac7904]

Forsooth! Beware ye the mind of a lady, for she will riddle you greatly. Remorse she showeth not.
  19. The_Poker New Member

This isn't fair. I had the opportunity to spend summer in London for university reasons, but I passed on the offer. Roger Waters is my favourite musician.

Not bloody fair. :(
  20. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I think he's touring again, this is either the kick-off or the tail end. I think kick-off for waters, tail end for the who...

there's also a new studio album due out soonish (course, he said that it'd be out by the end of the year back in 98 :roll:) which would probably have its own tour.

I saw him on the In the Flesh tour and it was the single greatest concert ever. During 'Perfect Sense', the entire ampitheater was on our feat, arm in arm, singing as one. I've never felt anything like it before or since.

Anyway, as a reminder, the current plans for a summer meetup are going to focus on this. The Garners and the Hermias will be attending the concert and staying up in london, we can possibly arrange a friday arrival if anyone wants to meet up then, and we could hang around for a bit on monday before we come back home.
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

22. Hsing Moderator

[quote:2bc69f2d94="davobanavo"][quote:2bc69f2d94="Hermia"]A good trick is to wait till an exciting pre-goal moment, and say to him quietly, "we're going to England in July, honey, ok?" Then when he says "YES!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!! GERMANY-Y-Y-Y-Y-!!!!!," (or "ja, ja, deutschland", or whatever) you write it on the family calendar. Nearer the time, if he protests, you can say, "but we planned it, sweetheart!"[/quote:2bc69f2d94]

Forsooth! Beware ye the mind of a lady, for she will riddle you greatly. Remorse she showeth not.[/quote:2bc69f2d94]

Nae.
    Davo! You're back! Again. :)