World of Warcraft Anyone? (Sorry for sounding a nerd)

Discussion in 'BOARDANIAN ROLEPLAY GROUP' started by chesterguy, Oct 3, 2005.

1. chesterguy New Member

Just a random survey (sorry if this is the wrong section for this) but how many other boardonians play (and have maybe lost their social life to) World of Warcraft?

If anyone does, my main characters on it are:

Hellscream server - ChesterDwarf

Argent Dawn (rp) - Kiachideon
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Not me, closest I got was playing Runescape for six months. :)
  3. chesterguy New Member

-shudders-

I was somewhat addicted to runescape for about a year of my life about four years ago...

World of Warcraft is a similar type of addiction... but the game is actually... good :p
  4. colonesque10 New Member

I managed to lose many years to Civ2 and more recently months to Civ3. I have played Warcraft III, reign of chaos many times, mostly in college hours though, so that's not a waste. :D
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

massively multiplayer games are the spawn of satan.

people who play them are devoid of basic human decency and should be stripped of their rights. if you ever play any MMO game, your next of kin should legally be entitled to inherit and you yourself declared legally dead.

anything that happens after that is just karma.

now, everyone concentrate really hard on speeding up the future until Civ4 comes out
  6. chesterguy New Member

Shall i take that as a "no" from you then Garner? ;)
  7. hermes New Member

I managed to stay clean for a while, but now I am addicted to The Kingdom of Loathing. Unlike most other online games, there's a limit to how much you can play in one day (Sort of). Otherwise, I'd be lost to society for good.

Edit: That is to say, clean of other online games. I tried WoW but didn't get hooked.
  8. drunkymonkey New Member

Sorry to bump (it's on the front page), but I have World of Warcraft. It's wonderful. Not quite as good a world as Discworld, but I just love it. I like getting all politcal in it and acting in character. I'm a wizard gnome who hates elves!
  9. KaptenKaries New Member

I played it from March to November, then I realised it was ruining my social life, so I quit. I still haven't fixed it yet. My main was a dwarf warrior called Karies on Draenor.
  10. Sir_Vaims New Member

I'd like to play WoW more than anything but i still can't fix myself with a free acount!
  11. drunkymonkey New Member

You must buy it! Money doesn't matter! It's WoW for Christ's sake!
  12. KaptenKaries New Member

And now I'm back again. Got a mage called Pactor on Draenor. Just got out from winning WSG.
  13. drunkymonkey New Member

Nice! I'm on the Kul Tiras server. I have a little gnome wizard. I want to get a wizard's hat! :lol:
  14. Watchman New Member

Tauren Warrior called Kracken on Steamwheedle Cartel server. Only started a few weeks back but it's been great fun so far :) Fortunately I dont have much of a social life to ruin any more due to work so that's okay and my girlfriend also plays it, so no worries about neglecting her :eek:
  15. edster New Member

ragnarok for when it was free than quality ragnarok but no WoW :(
  16. Lightscameraction New Member

Am producing a documentary on World of Warcraft Addiction. I would be so grateful if anyone were to share their stories with me as I am still in my researching stages. Please contact lightscameraction@hotmail.co.uk or simply just reply. I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks.
  17. KaptenKaries New Member

Right, went out on the lunch today and bought the expansion. No queues, which was nice. I saw some video coverage from the Stockholm 00:01 sale start last night, hundreds if not thousands of people in line waiting for the stores to open.

A surprising amount of people seen in the coverage had come "in character", with home made armour and such. :-D I even saw a shot of one guy who'd made a mage staff out of a broomstick and a gold painted floorball. :lol:

I'm hooked on this game, yes, but I wouldn't call it an addiction. I've switched from watching TV to playing WoW, but I can't say I'm spending more time with WoW now than I spent time with the TV before I started playing. Computer games being slightly more interactive than TV, and WoW actually being an exceptionally social activity for a game, I'm claiming it's more good for you than TV. The best thing, of course, would be to get out of the chair and get some fresh air.

But, tonight I'll start exploring the new areas available in the expansion.
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

19. KaptenKaries New Member

20. Katcal I Aten't French !

21. mr_scrub New Member

I can't say much I'm a smelly old beggar.
  22. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

23. mr_scrub New Member

Never mind , I think I just broke a Boardanian rule. I'm extremely talented at doing that accidentaly.
  24. Mike Sallows New Member

WoW

yes me too, i play WoW a lot, but also Read Terry Pratchett books a lot as well, so does that make me addicted to Terry Pratchett ? :eek:
  25. ninjaboy New Member

No, the last game in the Warcraft series I played was Warcraft 3. Didn't like it that much that it turned me off WOW. However Hellgate london caught my eye, it's online but not sure if it's a MMORG.

-ken
  26. cameronP New Member

i read somewhere taht one of key the top people for Blizzard had to stop playing because he was play so much that he ignoring his young daughter and she actully ask him if he lover her or not because he did spend any time with her.

i think as well its scary that they had in chain where little kids basically working as slaves constantly playing on world of warcraft to level up characters just so they can be sold on.

also vin diesel is supposedly a level 70
  27. TamyraMcG Active Member

I have heard it referred to as "warcrack" I am not about to play it as long as I am running three characters in the Kingdom of Loathing. All I can say for that is thank goodness for rollover.
  28. cameronP New Member

i got to aask but has people here scene the south park episode Make Love, Not Warcraft. its one of my favourite episodes because i know a bit about warcraft and the things i have heard its just so funny.