WTF, mate?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Bradthewonderllama, May 11, 2006.

1. Bradthewonderllama New Member

2. redneck New Member

I don't know what to think. I keep looking at it, step back, and repeat your title. It doesn't make any sense at all.
  3. Saccharissa Stitcher

I think Mr Murdoch wants his fingers in more than one pies.
  4. QuothTheRaven New Member

Wow, I did not see that one coming.
  5. spiky Bar Wench

It makes perfect sense in Australia, there is less bias in government because the big corporation donate approximately equal amounts to each side... Kind of ruins the special interest and patronage factor that seems so prevalent in US politics. However, hosting the fund-raising dinner? It does seem the Murdoch has figured that hilary is the winning horse and he's going to back a winner...

Does America want Hilary as president?
  6. QuothTheRaven New Member

I don't.

I personaly don't see any of the current presidential hopefuls (from both sides of the aisle) as being very strong leaders. Which is why I am seriously considering joining a third party as soon as I turn 18.
  7. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Good luck with that Quoth. Under our current system third parties are castrated. I really wish that we had instant runoff voting. You may screw yourself out of primary elections even, depending on Ca law.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing John McCain as president, and he might run in '08.
  8. redneck New Member

I agree with Brad about McCain. I really respect the guy as an individual and I've like a lot of the stuff he's done politically.

I don't want Hillary.

A third party would be nice, but there is not enough clout for any third party to make a good headway. I would like to see a split in the two major parties that come up with a good moderate. I like several from both sides, but so often the party forces them to vote party rather than issue wise.
  9. mowgli New Member

What's wrong with Hillary?
  10. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Personally, I find her kind of shady. I don't rule out voting for her, but I'd have to be convinced not to vote for Ralph Nader :p
  11. mowgli New Member

Noooooo... supposedly that's how we got W in the first place! :p