clams

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Termporarioly anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
    -- South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, responding to Viacom/Comedy Central's bowing to Scientology/Tom Cruise pressure to not re-show "Trapped in the Closet" episode
  2. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:76b84516df="Garner"]"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Termporarioly anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
    -- South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, responding to Viacom/Comedy Central's bowing to Scientology/Tom Cruise pressure to not re-show "Trapped in the Closet" episode[/quote:76b84516df]

Isn't that the episode which prompted Isaac Hayes to drop out of the show, because the show "Isn't respectful to religions" (paraphrasing).

What he's saying is, it's ok taking the piss out of the jews/arabs/irish for the first ten years or so, but once you get to his own religion, [i:76b84516df]then[/i:76b84516df] it's offensive.
  3. mowgli New Member

Dont' forget Hindus and Mormons ;)
  4. Electric_Man Templar

How could I!?
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

I've always wondered, what is the Irish religion all about ?
  6. Delphine New Member

ISSAC HAYES LEFT SOUTH PARK!?

What!? No! South Park NEEDS Chef! It'd suck without him!

>cries<
  7. spiky Bar Wench

They showed that episode here about a month ago and it was very good... Isaac Hayes leaving is crap though, South Park made him famous again, its pretty bad form to dump it now.
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

how do you steam a clam?

make fun of his religion.
  9. Saccharissa Stitcher

"You can have freedom of speech unless you say something I don't like".

Hayes is a hypocrite.
  10. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:2f6ad6ac29="Delphine"]ISSAC HAYES LEFT SOUTH PARK!?

What!? No! South Park NEEDS Chef! It'd suck without him!

>cries<[/quote:2f6ad6ac29]

I don't think they are sure what they are going to do yet, they might keep chef with a different actor or they might get rid of him.

edit to add:

In fact, I could picture them doing a whole episode dedicated to either his tragic and unexpected death or to his tragic and unexpected operation on his larynx.
  11. Roman_K New Member

*shrug* I can't say that I'm surprised. Scientologists do not approve of any criticism of scientology. To the point of harrassing people for years and years, who are in many cases former members of the group who were exploited by them in one form or another.

Their greatest aim in life appears to be converting all of Hollywood to scientology. Oh, and infiltrating goverment branches. And who could forget banning psychiatry?

Pheh.
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i read an unauthorized biography of Hubbard once... for days after i finished it i had nightmares of Sea Org goons chasing me
  13. Saccharissa Stitcher

Edit: I removed the link to the episode because of fears of infringement of copyright that could get Mal into trouble.

Thing is, if one looks around long enough, one can find the episode in its entirety easily. Which means that Viacom, who did not re-air the episode like it was supposed to, is losing revenue. Considering the rumours flying around, that this was done because Tom Cruise threatened to pull support from Mission Impossible III, it could be a wakeup call for the bigwigs that the public [i:6fc0336324]wants[/i:6fc0336324] South Park as an equal opportunity offender.
  14. Sarbar New Member

:lol: I love the idea of an episode dedicated to an operation on
    chef's larnyx.. How very hypocritical of the man, numerous other
    episodes have focused on different religions and I don't remember
    him getting all pious on us then!!
    God has a sense of humour, clearly Mr Hayes has not..
  15. Roman_K New Member

[quote:7ed6972319="Sarbar"]:lol: I love the idea of an episode dedicated to an operation on
    chef's larnyx.. How very hypocritical of the man, numerous other
    episodes have focused on different religions and I don't remember
    him getting all pious on us then!!
    God has a sense of humour, clearly Mr Hayes has not..[/quote:7ed6972319]

Sadly, Mr. Hayes and Cruise both belong to a cult. A cult which is known for hunting down people that criticise it, and for putting its members in positions of authority in order to stop people from cruticising it. Hence its assault on Hollywood, and its easily influenced folk.

Never trust a religious group that trademarks its name and symbol, says I.
  16. spiky Bar Wench

Apparently this is how their going to do it...
  17. Pixel New Member

Knowing what I can do with a PC and a relatively cheap software package (I once modified a song which one of our directors used in one of his productions and I played it to him five times before he spotted the change I had made to the lyrics) given full studio facilities, I don't think South Park needs Isaac Hayes in person any more - but it could produce some interesting legal wrangles - he has sold his voice to the company for the episodes he has done - do they own those sounds to edit them into new lines? If he was on a contract that includes repeat fees, would he be entitled to payment on a word-by-word basis? And most important - does someone who will quite happily mock any religion until he is asked to mock his own deserve consideration anyway? This is assuming that one considers Scientology to be a religion - it has always seemed more like a con to me - despite the fact that I am a devoted fan of Pratchett and Heinlein, I do not feel that science fiction/fantasy writers are likely to be any sort of Messiah. I'm an agnostic, but I feel that if I'm wrong and there is a God up there, then He/She must have a sense of humour - look at the "Worlde gonne madde" as C.M.O.T. Dibbler would describe it - it's only the insecure tight-assed believers who cannot take a joke.
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

Pixel, you're shocking me there, you mean you don't believe the diskworld is reality and we here are all just a dream of Twoflower's ? May Blind Io smite you, you infidel ! :shock:
  19. Angua_rox New Member

Katcal, the Irish religion is just plain old boring Roman Catholic. Well in the majority. Like Jewish except we believe that Jesus Christ was both the son of God and a literal man. It's kindof confusing, like doublethink in 1984 (by George Orwell)
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !

I know that, I was just making the pont that "Irish" isn't a religion ;) In fact, in the carrot's original list, only the jews were a religious group, as arab is geographic, not religious... But that was just me being pedantic, my mum always told me to stick at what I'm good at.
  21. Electric_Man Templar

Ah, but I never called them religions. I can pedanticly prove this, but can't be bothered at the moment.
  22. Electric_Man Templar

23. drunkymonkey New Member

Haha, and he can't sue them for slander either, because it's not him!

Hurray for satire!
  24. TamyraMcG Active Member

I saw the end of Chef episode and the first one of the two-parter that deals with the cartoons featuring Muhammad, Wednesday will be the day that proves whether Viacom and Comedy Central do have balls. I'm going to miss the salty chocolate ones. I hope he does take the chance the South Park bunch gave him to return to the show someday.