I only stepped outside for a couple of minutes... didn't I?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Well it only seemed like it. Anyway, a series of breakdowns and running repairs to my PC proved fruitless in my task to stay abreast of the news over the past few weeks. The odd trip to the local library couldn't come close to helping out with the boards and emails etc.
    I have to admit though, the final act of self ignition by the old PC was pretty spectacular. No 'out of cheese errors' this time, just a room full of black smoke and the smell of burning electricals. Not to mention two cats charging around in a blind panic. At least the fire blanket I bought about twenty years back still worked.

So what's new? Hmmm.

- Welcome to all new members.
    - Welcome back Buzzfloyd and congratulations.
    - Welcome back Plaid.
    - Happy birthday to everyone who have made it to being a year older since December. I get my bus pass later this year so you all have a long way to go yet by comparison... :D (Kids!)
    - To those of you, who've had snow and hate it... Commiserations.
    - To those of you who've had snow and love it... Congratulations.
    - We had about 5cm of the stuff up here in the northeast on Sunday night with the forecast of 12-15cms daily for the next three days. Well, I can tell you this... We've had the worst case of non-snow in recorded history. Chilly but dry and sunny; nice to get out and walk around the countryside.
    - Spiky, I hope the temperature drops to a tolerable level for you.
    - Mazekin, you won the photograph compy so we all need a subject for the next one! ;)

I think that just about covers most things after a quick glance at the first page. Only another three or four and I might be up to date.

Sorry if I missed anyone out, I probably haven't got to you yet.:smile:
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hi Jock! :) And thank you. I note that you don't congratulate Garner - quite naturally - but he is slowly coming to terms with the reality that there will soon be another member of the family with better excuse for immature behaviour than he has! ;)
  3. mazekin Member

Frick! Sorry - I knew I meant to do something...been having my own PC issues, but nothing as flammable as yours (at least, not yet). Will get on it straight away boss!:smile:
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Welcome back again, y'ole fogey...
  5. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Obviously I meant both of you :redface: Maybe my shorthand message was too short !
    But I am now starting a book on the outcome.
    5-2 The baby will have less hair than Garner.
    10-1 The baby will have more hair than Garner.
    1000-1 The baby will have more hair than Garner AND a beard. Let's hope it's a boy :D

Once again, I am lost for words with such kindly sentiments. But when I find them again I'll send you a few choice ones. Only the best for Kat [IMG]
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The mind boggles!
  7. TamyraMcG Active Member

At least it isn't a million to one.
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

:D

I'm sure it wouldn't surprise any of you to know that Garner was born with a lot of hair.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Except of course those who have not yet had a near-Garner experience... Or haven't seen any pics.