Old users?

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by mr_scrub, Feb 16, 2007.

1. mr_scrub New Member

I was looking at Sweeper Voting for something to do (nobody else was on) and Garner was quoted about the users from the old board not having a "clean slate" if they join. Have any of them joined? (I mean the ones mentioned in that post as being annoying)
  2. Tephlon Active Member

On behalf of Garner:

3. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm new-ish, but I try to be as annoying as possible so Garner has someone to moan at :D
  4. Tephlon Active Member

Not just Garner, Katcal, not just Garner. ;-)
  5. AuntyJangle Banned

I think this referred to me in part actually. Haven't been here in a long, long time. Anyone willing to start a clean slate? I've never felt comfortable with how this ended. I remember talking to Garner on Aim about a year after it happened, he still wasn't happy then.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Mal, can we terminate his account?
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Actually, hell... it's been a while, so maybe there should be a discussion on this.

I'm not remotely inclined to present an unbiased side, however, so here's the question:

Should we give someone another chance after they repeatedly, and i mean REPEATEDLY burned through 'one last chance', take part in friendly discussions with our (forgive the melodrama) sworn enemies, and try to squeeze back into a community they've repeatedly offended without actually apologizing for said offenses or seeming to have changed in the least?

I'm pretty much inclined to say no, but... well, I don't run the show around here.
  8. Electric_Man Templar

I was kinda thinking the collective silence on the matter had been just as damning. Some people need to learn that life isn't an etch-a-sketch that can be wiped clean with a little shake.
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Well excuse the hell outta me. I didn't notice this thread until this evening. I don't actually care enough to check back all that often, see....
  10. Maljonic Administrator

Well the only reason he's not still banned is because the migration didn't copy the list of who's banned and I just kind of forgot about it. I think there was only like two people on it anyway.

So should we ban him or what?
  11. AuntyJangle Banned

Guys I don't want to come back, I doubt I could truly befriend any of you now. I'm just not comfortable with all you people hating me.

Edit: And to address Garner's point in part. Yes I talked to those people that were wrecking the board when I first joined. What I said and did to them made to no difference to what they did, you could argue I was encouraging them, but their grievences with you were far bigger than the few words I had with them. And how long has passed? I'm sure none of you are the same people you were.
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

well, I'd like to believe he's grown up a bit, but if he doesn't want to try and join the community then let's help him out with that and block the account.

And Jaunty? Personally, I don't hate you. I don't think any of us 'hate' you. We didn't like your behavior, and you never once tried to rectify it in any meaningful way.

You sound a lot more grown up now, but, hell, you can't have matured that much or you'd have stayed away. (must have been that email that went out after Mal upgraded the boards, I guess)

Anyway, if there's no objections, and based on his last post I don't think Jaunty objects, let's just get the ban back in place and be done with it. shalom, auf wiedersehen, bye bye baby.
  13. AuntyJangle Banned

We could have been friends once, you and I.
  14. Ba Lord of the Pies

Yes, and the US could have been named New Switzerland. What's that to do with the price of beans?
  15. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah, it's not big deal. Things could of worked out, but they didn't. It's not worth the effort on anyones part to *try* and make things work. We don't hate you, you don't hate us. We just don't gel, or something.

We should Ban the account for form's sake. He banned Jaunty on the old board, which was the old community, which is *this* community, so the ban should still stick.