Spam!

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by Ba, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba moved a thread from Boardania to the Dungeon Dimensions. The poster calls itself Thunderzeee. It might be a good idea to terminate this waste of bits from the boards.
  2. Electric_Man Templar

But... Thunderzee shares some letters... maybe it is related to Terry Pratchett in some manner? Shall we not give him a chance?

A chance to arrange a coffin for his cyber self that is.

edit: coffine sounds like it wakes you up in the morning after a hard nights death.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

4. Roman_K New Member

Terminate away.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I got rid of that all together. I think that kind of spam needs to be deleted instead of moved. As its main purpose is to get a free link it doesn't matter to them if we move it to another forum... or I suppose I could have just removed the link, what do you think?
  6. Roman_K New Member

In general, removing the link and citing why would be best. In the case of posts/posters that are only here for spam though, delete away. We hardly need a history reference of one-post topics that just have links in them. What on earth are we supposed to do with them, if the poster isn't going to post again anyway?
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ben, it was clearly a spambot post, nothing more, nothing less, which is why I reported it... Spambots are a menace, first time I've seen one manage to post here though, did anything change when the board upgraded that would favour that Mal ?
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Umm, Kat? Read Ben's post again, and this time LAHJ.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

GAAAHHH... I told it it was Sunday, didn't I ? You people never listen :D
  10. Ba Lord of the Pies

11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Opinions on this post?
    On the one hand, clearly spam, but, on the other, relevant and probably of interest.
  12. Maljonic Administrator

It doesn't look so bad, or has a link been removed or something?
  13. Electric_Man Templar

I think it's spam, especially as they haven't posted anything else and it sounds like an advertising spiel. I don't mind someone saying, "The DVD's coming out on <date>, I can't wait to see it as I've heard it's x, y and z!", but that post was obviously just marketing blurb.

I can't remember if someone has posted the release date before - but maybe we could do that afterwards, or delete the extraneous parts of that post, leaving a explanatory warning for the poster?
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It's not so bad, but, as Ben says, it's evidently just marketing blurb.
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Especially as our friend the Khan only posts here to tell us - his friends - about the wonderful products he has to sell, and ask us for free feedback (we are his friends after all)
  16. Electric_Man Templar

Has he been officially warned about his posting habits yet? I see yet another has been rightfully deleted, how many times has this happened now?
  17. Maljonic Administrator

I sent him a warning just now, and added an "infraction" to his account.
  18. Electric_Man Templar

Thanks Mal, hopefully there will be less work for you mods now, from him anyway.
  19. mr_scrub New Member

I saw he posted something else recently I think it's spam, I didn't look at it very well.
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Probably one of the ones I got rid of, Mr Scrub. I think there have been about 3 recently.
  21. Electric_Man Templar

22. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Both new threads by The Khan have been moved to the DD.

I agree that it might be time to block him.
  23. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Have we decided on the blocking protocal yet? (damn you lack of FAQ)

I believe we had it at, we list his infractions on a thread and then have a period of voting where the community decides...

Personally, If he's only been sent his first offical warning today, i think it's a bit wierd banning him, he might not have even had a chance to see it and realise the error of this ways.

Having said that I haven't seen his posts yet...
  24. Electric_Man Templar

The first warning was on 12th March, according to Mal's post. Plenty of time to have been read

Basically all the same, linking to various things he's done on his website, calling us "My Friends" and so on and so forth.

True, I vote we should have that period (no menstruation jokes [IMG])
  25. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Damn, i can't think of any.

We should have the vote, then.
  26. Electric_Man Templar

I'll create a new thread for it.
  27. Stercus Stercus New Member

What's the difference between a pitbull and a woman with P.M.S?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That's not funny!

:wink:
  29. Katcal I Aten't French !

For the vote or for menstruation jokes ? :biggrin: