Star Wreck

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

2. TamyraMcG Active Member

That looks sort of fun, maybe I'll down load it later if I feel brave enough.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

It looks pretty big actually, more than I thought, like a full-length movie maybe.
  4. Smoking_GNU New Member

HELL this is taking long to download.

I see this is a sort of SPOOF on various futuristic Si-fi space travel type of movies.

I can see, as you too can i assume, see "Star Trek" in it. I think i also see "Babylon 5" and also some "Homeworld" (game).

Does anybody els have suggestions?
  5. ArthurDent New Member

How big is the file?
  6. Smoking_GNU New Member

I don't know, but it took about 10 min to download, just to watch, not to have (you understand?)!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Only ten minutes? I thought it would take ages, gave up after a bit. I'll have another try.
  8. Smoking_GNU New Member

The TRAILER (PREVIEW) TOOK 10-15 MIN!

ONLY DOWNLOAD FULL MOVIE ON QUICK CONNECTIONS!!

WARNING :toimonster:
  9. Maljonic Administrator

Oh right, didn't even notice you could watch a trailer; didn't have to wait for that at all, it just played.

I see it's a kind of spoof sci fi with the technology and crews of the Star Trek world fighting against the crews and technology of the babylon 5 world. :)
  10. Smoking_GNU New Member

Like i said 6 posts up.:)
  11. Maljonic Administrator

The Homeworld bit you mentioned isn't quite right though; the ships in Homeworld are actually based on ships that were in Babylon 5, they use them near the end fighting Shadows and stuff I think and some kind of battle around Mars or something? :)
  12. Orrdos God

Hello, I'm a geek.

I shall field this one.

The ships were from B5, and are used by the Earth forces. Not so much against the shadows as Earth backed out of that fight being under the control of an evil president.

But, as the civil war came to a head those ships were used extensively in the battles that followed.

Ahem.
  13. Maljonic Administrator

I was hoping someone would remember; must be nearly ten years since I watched those, I think I can vaguely remember on of them doing a nose-dive into a planet? :)
  14. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:976b61d151="Orrdos"]Hello, I'm a geek.
    ...snip...
    Ahem.[/quote:976b61d151]

But you know Doors that first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem :D

Edit to add: that I was going to download the quickest version (wav) but even on my work broadband it was going to take over an hour and have me on the chopping block with the tech heads who are download nazis...
  15. Smoking_GNU New Member

Really. Im afraid i never watched much B5. We never got it much on our TV channels. Maby i should look for it on the network!
  16. Cynth New Member

[quote:52e53b2e87="Smoking_GNU"]Really. Im afraid i never watched much B5. We never got it much on our TV channels.![/quote:52e53b2e87]

We had B5 on the Sci-Fi channel on DSTV. But then i have never been a big Trekkie or some thing like that.

Tried to download this but our ISDN connection at work is to slow and IT gave me a bit of a nasty email.
  17. Smoking_GNU New Member

NOPE. We mostly had Star Trek. B5 was on once every week on series channel on a time which my mother used to watch her shows, and now its gone, ALL GONE!!!:cry:
  18. Smoking_GNU New Member

By the way. Can anyong give mae a websit where i can download the Bab 5 series free? If it exists, that is.

I've watched a few episodes, enought to get a general view of the series, but i want MORE, MORE I TELLS JA!!!!!!!!
  19. Willmolly3 New Member

Try Limewire or emule??
  20. Smoking_GNU New Member

Thanks. Found it, likes it, and will try it when i get my own pc back from home (in two months time, hhaaahhaaaaaAAAAAA).
  21. Willmolly3 New Member

You can get anything of those file sharing Programes
  22. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I don't know what those things all are, but remember, guys, we do NOT recommend illegal activities on this site! We certainly DON'T tell each other places where we've been able to find files for illegal download, and you will NOT find threads on such subjects here.
  23. Willmolly3 New Member

This shareware is not actally illegal!! it has copyright info when you download it!
  24. Smoking_GNU New Member

What illegal software would this be #asks with an innocent look on my face*?
  25. Willmolly3 New Member

It is only illegal if you use it illegally like it would be illegal to copy someones windows XP! So advertising it as I have is not advertising illegal software. As the software is 100% Legal.(If used properly)

But if you would rather me not help others out I will shut me cake hole!! :)
  26. Hsing Moderator

We NEVER pm each other such informations, either.
    We ... don't.
  27. Willmolly3 New Member

Those moderators can be so mean cant they!!
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm not sure what tone you're trying to convey here, Willmolly3. As I said, I don't know anything about the things you were talking about, but I just wanted to remind people not to be seen to condone illegal activity - and I could see this conversation going down such a route very easily. There's no need for sarky, defensive comments about me trying to stop you from helping people.

Also, it's got nothing to do with being a mod, and everything to do with being a responsible member of the community. Mods on this board are not special, we just enact the will of the community.
  29. Willmolly3 New Member

The tone you were using was inapropriate with CAPITAL LETTERS apperaring everywhere in your speech. I dont like to be talked down too as it sounded. You could have used more Tact!

I apoligise for anything that may of offended you, but not for defending my position!
  30. Willmolly3 New Member

Also I would like to point out that my comments were not Sarcasm but humour!! Notice to :)
  31. Smoking_GNU New Member

Calm down will, they were only telling us something important. Theres no need to take offence.

Buzz, i understand, and will in future refrain from giving or taking such information on this site in future.
  32. Willmolly3 New Member

I have apologised for offending! and have now cooled down. I tend to have a short fuse and not to notice constuctive critisism! I will try harder to undersand points in the future!!

Sorry :cry:
  33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:fb40a67466="Willmolly3"]The tone you were using was inapropriate with CAPITAL LETTERS apperaring everywhere in your speech. I dont like to be talked down too as it sounded. You could have used more Tact!

I apoligise for anything that may of offended you, but not for defending my position![/quote:fb40a67466]
    A little more reading of this site (and, incidentally, of Pratchett's books) might have indicated to you that I wasn't shouting, but was deliberately hamming up the disclaimer. As in, "I will NOT recommend that you check such-and-such a URL for what you're looking for, since that would be illegal!" Spelling it out ruins the point.

When you tell me that my tone is inappropriate, you are talking down to me. How about you use a little tact too, as well as becoming more sensitive to when I am already using it? I would also suggest that it's a good idea when new in a community to talk more politely to other members. I'm actually quite offended by your response here, but I suppose we can let it pass.
  34. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:a5e623672c="Willmolly3"]I have apologised for offending! and have now cooled down. I tend to have a short fuse and not to notice constuctive critisism! I will try harder to undersand points in the future!!

Sorry :cry:[/quote:a5e623672c]

Thankyou for apologising.

It is important that you keep your cool and think before you post. People with short fuses tend only to exasperate conflicts and it's not the type of attiutude we want or will tolerant here.

Again, thanks showing willing to stop this behavour.