Book Swap

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Hsing Moderator

Let's see if this works... or not. Again, postal fees are involved.

This is how it might, or might not, work:

Everyone taking part has one ticket to start with, and has to put up at least two books, but as many as he/she wants (the more the better).

Those books should, preferably, be in English, and not entirely rubbish.

Put your status at the end of every post in this thread. I'll start:
    [quote:60679eec8d]
    "Celtic Key Patterns" - by Ian Bain - amazon link: Here!
    "Eric", by Terry Pratchett (We've got it twice since we moved together)

Tickets: 1[/quote:60679eec8d]

As soon as any of you gets one of these books, I delete the book and have 2 tickets. Until I demand one of your books. That costs me a ticket.
    That way, there are far more exchanging possibilities than "I give you book a, you give me book b", because everyone can excjange books with everyone else.

Adresses should be exchanged between people, via pm or mail ("Can I have book A"? - "Yes!" - "Okay, adress is being pm'ed".)

People should be allowed to add to their "konto" wether they want people from within their area, so that postage doesn't ruin the fun.
    I know that excludes people from the other continents, but on the other hand, if only the Australians take part here, happily exchanging books with each other, I'm the one looking stupid.

Should we try it?
  2. shadowgirl New Member

sounds like fun. Can we use second hand books? Maybe as long as we state their second hand and only claim half a ticket?
  3. Hsing Moderator

It depends solely on the state of the books, I'd say.
    If its in a good state, who cares how many people owned it before? If it was new when you bought it, on the other hand, and your book shelf is in the garden shed, which has no roof, and where you keep giant rats that live on these books, whom does it help they haven't been owned by more than one person before?

This isn't meant to be business, this is meant to be for fun. ;)
  4. Hermia New Member

Plus, technically they're all second-hand once they're in the post!
  5. fairyliquid New Member

well there would be little point in buying a new book just to send to someone else in order to get another book....so yeah its like an on line second hand bookstore. Cool idea!

Sorry I can't take part but I'm not sure many would appreciate sending to Singapore, it's very cheap...:)