Casting Polls/Casting Threads, a quick survey

Discussion in 'POLLS AND ELECTIONS' started by Garner, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Just a little opinion survey
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Actually, they're even worse than a casting thread. At least with a casting thread, it can all be in one place. One casting thread, like the official thread on the old board, would be a good idea. Then those who are annoyed by it can avoid it easily, and others can have their fun. Casting polls, though, clutter up the forum, and for those who are interested in the casting... Well, the choices are limited to whatever the poller decided were the best choices.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Not that bothered about them really, think a lot of people like polls; especially the new people, it's a sort of easy way to join in without getting too deep too quickly. If it gets out of hand we could move them somewhere else, maybe into a silly games forum similar to the one suggested a while back - only call it something else?

P.S. Can't bring myself to vote for either of those options. :)
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i haven't voted either. just want to sound out the group's attitude right now.

i do think that containment and quarantine is the best procedure, though if it's kept to one thread, you can't do new polls. Maybe a 'silly fun and games' forum isn't such a bad idea.

casting threads, discworld role play, and even leet speak, paypal adverts, and complaints about how everyone in the community sucks can all be given free range in there!
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

er... i was being serrious up until the bit about leet speak, et cetra.

right, time for bed.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

I agree, also it's good to get them all out of the way now, the casting threads, so they can all be grouped together later and people can be directed to them in future if they start another identical thread. :)
  7. Marcia Executive Onion

I think casting threads, pool party threads, email joke threads, etc., anything that might be annoying to some people but not to others, are OK as long as they are kept in one place.

So I'm not voting either.

In a related note, I wanted to suggest that the joke thread be stickied so people don't keep creating new joke threads.

edit: Is it possible to move a thread that has a poll attached, even if it means deleting the poll?
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Polls are part of the thread, they both move together along with the results. :)
  9. ArthurDent New Member

I like casting polls :roll:
  10. Tephlon Active Member

Like Ba said, the character polls are very limited. Whoever makes up the poll chooses the actors... In the polls I've seen so far, I hardly recognised half of the actors. 99% of the time they're useless.

I wouldn't say no to a seperate forum for the silly stuff.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

Considering they are the first of their kind on this site, I don't mind them too much. I wouldn't want any other polls exactly the same to be cropping up in a few days/weeks/months/years.

The current polls are fine, they're in the appropriate discworld forum thingy, and not cluttering up the boardania section, so they are relevant to the forum. In a lot of cases, they are the only threads in that forum.

If there was a generic casting thread, what forum would it be put in?
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I'd say, if it's a generic casting thread and not a poll or anything, it should be the 'official casting thread' and go into the boardanian forum.
  13. Marcia Executive Onion

I agree with Tephlon in that I have not recognizedmany of the actors in any of the polls, so they are pretty useless. It should be remembered this is an international board, so people aren't always going to be familiar with artists from other countries.
  14. Maljonic Administrator

To be fair, I haven't recognised a lot of the American actors from other threads but I've gone and looked them up, which at least shows me what they look like. Still, it's only a game after all so doesn't have to be taken too seriously.

Also I hadn't noticed they were all in particular forums for Watch Books, Wizard books et cetera - I've alway gone to them directly from the front page - so this makes a difference to me, if they're not in the main Boardania forum I see little harm in them and think they are actually quite a good thing to have in those forums, if nothing else to put something in there and encourage future topics in the same place. :)
  15. Silvermoth New Member

Actually, just out of curiousity, if one wished to make a casting list, where would one place it? Theres not really a section for movies, T.V shows etc.
    ________
    MICHEL_LATIN CAM
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father

perferably on another message board ;)