Dragons Kingdom Game and Pictures

Discussion in 'BOARDANIAN ROLEPLAY GROUP' started by Maljonic, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Maljonic Administrator

So I've got this online game Dragons Kingdom - A browser based Role Playing Game - it's a basic browser based RPG that uses text and still pictures. I got the site off someone else and I'm developing it, two other people have the same script running on their site, but my version is already beginning to differ from theirs. I'm sort of getting addicted to playing it myself so it's a slow process. There are four quests to do and the map is pretty big. I'm also thinking of adding more quests later.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying it I'm giving away 100,000 gold pieces in the game for unique images created for the game. There's about 123 missing monster pictures where it simply says "image not available" when you fight them, which I'm slowly adding to as I go along.

You have to play a while before you see (or not) the missing monsters because they're all over level 30, so I can post a list and cross them out as we go if anyone is interested?

I was also thinking of replacing the character class pictures, and adding different ones for male and female (everyone gets the same at the moment regardless).

These are the classes:

For the following classes, two for each male and female - except Sorceress of course (13 all together):
    Sorceress
    Barbarian
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Necromancer
    Druid
    Assassin

P.S. Of course you can have your name in the credits for adding pictures too.
  2. Hsing Moderator

I'd be interested in drawing a few pics. Do you have any pictures already in use as a reference regarding the stile? That would help.
    And would you also use pictures I've already drawn for RPGs (private use, of course), or mind if they were used as a reference?
  3. Tephlon Active Member

I'm definitely up for a few monsters. I might still have a sorceress lying around. I'll have to ask the characters "owner" though.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

As long as you've drawn them yourself it's ok, by "unique" I just mean that they haven't simply been found on the internet.

There's some pretty simple cartoon-style drawings:

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    or some are a little more detailed:
    [IMG][IMG]
    but as long as they're in colour, unless the monster suits it if it's a shadow or ghost etc, it should be good. These are the lower level monsters though, some of the ones missing are dragons, devils, minor deities, wyverns and other more interesting creatures like that.

The only decent character class drawing is this one I think, the Ranger (you don't see these pictures as much though, they only appear in your profile):

[IMG]
  5. Maljonic Administrator

Here is the full list of monsters with their stats so you can get a better idea of what they might look like.

Dragon's Kingdom Monsters

If there are any creature with names you never heard of, and don't come up in Google search results, you can just make something up. Things like Doomer and Ultradoomer for instance.
  6. Hsing Moderator

I've posted these sketches before, I thought maybe I could develop them into, say, a female Barbarian and a wizard, ranger or something similar? I mean, draw them out, not just colour the existing sketches.

I also would like to draw some more, but this would, for a start, be the quickest way to actually come around with two pictures within the next days. What do you think?

Also, I am thinking about buying myself a graphic tablet, which means more fun with photoshop from October on!

And I've got a sort of dragon lying around somewhere which only has to be coloured.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Maljonic Administrator

That would be great. I don't know if you noticed but there are loads more members on there now. Three other sites using the same software were merged into one site, they all redirect to here: Dragons Kingdom - A browser based Role Playing Game - so all the members from each site have more members to play with, and any pictures that are made will have more people to see them.

I have a graphic tablet, nothing too fancy but it's sooo much easier than trying to draw and move the pen tip or whatever with a mouse.
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I updated the monster list today to add thumbnail images so you can see which ones are missing: Dragon's Kingdom Help
  9. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba tried to make an account on the site, but it told him that neither Ba, BaWitda, nor Nothe fit the naming criteria.
  10. Maljonic Administrator

I don't know why it didn't work, I just created an account with the name Ba. I'll send you a PM with the password, which you can change via Player Options after you login.
  11. Ba Lord of the Pies

This is a pretty fun game. Ba is having fun with his necromancer (though this potion quest has Ba puzzled).

EDIT: Three irksome things so far.

1) Ba is not in a guild and he has no interest in joining one. However, as near as he can tell, there is no way to refresh his AP. This wouldn't matter so much (since there's nothing he can use them for outside of a guild anyway), but now his max has risen to the point that they flash constantly to tell him that they need to be refreshed. This is irritating.

2) The Dead Corpses seem to be able to rise anywhere. This wouldn't be so terrible if Ba could actually escape from them. However, he dies automatically when he attempts to do so. At this point, Ba might as well not be getting the dragon scales, since there's no way for him to keep them.

3) After dying the last time, Ba was unable to enter the main town. It showed all players on that square, as though he were outside the town. When trying to travel to Kingdom of Valour, it informed him that he was already there. He had to travel to another town, and then back to Kingdom of Valour, before it would let him access the town.
  12. Maljonic Administrator

1. You can get potions to increase AP, or you could join a guild, restore AP then leave the guild.

2. You lucky barstad, I dream of rising corpses! I've had only 3 after playing it to level 31! You could of course not search corpses until you're more powerful.

3. You can usually fix this by either clicking the banner at the top, or by clicking the compass in any direction then clicking back again.
  13. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba would like to not search corpses, but until he knows where to find the various quest items, he cannot afford to let any stone go unturned.
  14. Maljonic Administrator

15. Ba Lord of the Pies

Another question: Where does one get said AP-increasing potions? The potions stall does not seem to have them.
  16. Maljonic Administrator

They're in the normal marketplace store, AP Bundles, but they cost a lot. It's probably easier to join a guild then leave after you raised your points.
  17. Ba Lord of the Pies

Gah, this is annoying. Ba joined a guild, but he can't rest because he doesn't have enough dragon scales. Unfortunately, it doesn't show how many dragon scales Ba needs. He only knows its more than 17.

Thus far, Ba has only seen three ways to get dragon scales.

1) Daily Bonus Arena. All well and good, but Ba's already gotten today's, and its not enough.

2) Randomly from a chest. Possible, but it's only happened once or twice since Ba started playing, and it was a fairly small amount. Four or five.

3) Completed quest. This is going to be difficult, since Ba has been unable to find a way to complete his current quest.

The blinking red warning number is getting annoying. Why must it blink? Surely being red would be enough.

Seems Ba must stop playing until he's accumulated enough dragon scales to rest at the guild (since if he plays, he's going to die eventually, removing most of his dragon scales). He only has about 4,000 gold, and it's too annoying to continue adventuring long enough to get the other 6,000 gold needed for an AP herb.

Blast it all.

EDIT: Found the price. Fifty! That means Ba can't play for another three or four days. Blast it.
  18. Maljonic Administrator

Okay, just for you the AP meter no longer blinks - you also got a mention in the site news. :)
  19. Ba Lord of the Pies

Single White Necromancer seeks Bucket for Healing Water Theft. Interested in long term relationship, and willing to steal from lolruses.
  20. Katcal I Aten't French !

Lols, I have them.
  21. Maljonic Administrator

Oddly enough my friend has found his bucket but doesn't know where to get the water from...
  22. Ba Lord of the Pies

Where is this friend? Ba would like to prise the secret from his dying lips.
  23. Maljonic Administrator

He wouldn't be able to tell you, even under torture.
  24. Andone New Member

The reseted sorceress of Andone, named Futake in game, has the secrets you search for Ba. Feel free to send her a game mail asking for her help. Maljonic or his friend can do the same. Futake is all knowing when it comes the the game.
  25. Hsing Moderator

Are you still looking for those pictures which aren't yet put up, or are some of them done already and just not yet on the page? I've done a few sketches, but haven't coloured them yet. Also, I might give the game a try in the near future, but I only have my parents computer right now...
  26. Maljonic Administrator

The page is up to date: Dragon's Kingdom Help

so any missing ones are still needed, and better pictures can replace bad ones.

There's a steady stream of new pictures added each week or so but there's hundreds of them so it will take a long time to fill all the spaces. When they are full I'm thinking of changing the code so we can have more than one image for the same monster.