Draw A Tripod Competition

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Orrdos God

Ok, this thread does exactly what it says on the tin :)

You have about, oooh, a fortnight to draw a comic and send it to me.

The one that I like best wins :)

I'll upload all the entries though, but the winner has the additional glory of being the winner!

:)

http://www.orrdos.com/group2.gif
    http://www.orrdos.com/blankcomicguest.gif

Thats a blank frame and a picture with all the characters in it. You can just copy paste to make your own :)

But, i'd really love to see some in peoples own styles as well :)

I'll take the ones that people have sent me over the last few days as entries as well.

And!

You can send in as many as you want :)

Oh, and save them as gif or jpg files. My mail address is in my profile.

get drawing! :)
  2. Toaf New Member

Can they be hand-drawn?

Note: this does not imply that I will make a hand-drawn tripod. It is a simple query.
  3. Orrdos God

Yes. Yes you can.

Infact, it'd be rather cool
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Ohh, ohh, if i do one that's really funny, will you update a bunch of your own belated strips along with mine so that you can take the credit for all of them?
  5. Orrdos God

6. Hsing Moderator

To those artists ( ;) ) who didn't handdraw: which programs did you use?
  7. Orrdos God

I use paint :)
  8. Toaf New Member

The only tripod I ever made that got updated :)shock:) was made with MS Paint and Animagic GIF (a really basic gif animator). However I think most of the tripods were made in Paint or Photoshop.
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Painshop Pro, baby.
  10. Toaf New Member

Painshop? That sounds.. intriguing. Can you send me a copy of it?
  11. Electric_Man Templar

I use paint normally and Jasc Animation Shop 3 for animating stuff, surprisingly.
  12. Mooseman New Member

I've already sent mine in but I might send another if I can think of an idea!

:D Good luck all
  13. colonesque10 New Member

I've been working on one for around 18 months now that I might just finish and send your way Doors. :)
  14. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Only 18 months! wow that much better than the 4 years it took for you to tie your shoelaces! GO YOU!
  15. colonesque10 New Member

Thankyee. But quiet Rinso, you know I don't like to brag about my shoe lace tieing success with Ben around. :D
  16. spiky Bar Wench

Doors will the one I sent you work?? Or do I have to try and get that picture out of Word and into its own jpeg file?

I tried honestly I did but Paint wouldn't resize the screen big enough and half the comic was cut off, and it would change the colours of everything I copied into it so everyone became this weird combination of orange and grey... Any suggestions are more than welcome.
  17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'll be joining in! I normally use MS Paint, sucky though it is, but I may hand draw a comic for this special occasion.
  18. Orrdos God

Yeah, it's fine. I'll get it converted into a picture format :)
  19. spiky Bar Wench

Yay! Your my technological hero ;) Or my hero of technology... or hero with technology...I'm so confused...
  20. Tephlon Active Member

I sent you the colour version of my/garner/ba (garner wrote the script, ba did the punchline) tripod guest strip.
  21. Delphine New Member

Tephlon, it fucking rocks :)
  22. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I've written a single pannel gag strip, buzzfloyd's going to do a drawing of it for the contest. So, assuming doors ever gets online before Buzzfloyd finishes, no declaring the contest over till we've finished it.