Members' News

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Silmaril, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TamyraMcG Active Member

Well my vacation ends today, I am looking forward to getting back to work but I bet I have trouble sleeping tonight. I did get my bathroom painted, that purple color stayed dominant until the very last inch was covered by my nifty new aqua color,and now that it has dried there are tiny little cracks showing the purple.

Jon has been out over the road for quite a while, he's been to Michigan, Washington, Utah, Maryland, South Carolina, Wyoming,and points inbetween and will be unloading in Portland, Oregon tomorrow. He wants to come home now, I wanted him to come home last week. Today we were married 18 years. Its been quite a trip!

My niece showed me a story she posted on FanFiction.net, called The King, the Prince, and the Minnesota girl. That girl can write. I just hope I can figure that site out well enough to read the rest of her stories.
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Congratulations, Tamyra! :) May there be many more years of happy marriage to come.

Aqua with purple veins, sounds like a deep sea fish.
  3. Hsing Moderator

As Roman said already, welcome back to the returnees!
    And congrats, Tamyra.
    Hm. The bathroom wall colour sounds as if you should just leave it that way - somehow, well, interesting.

I'm back from a short trip to Hessia since Sunday night.
    I entered our flat, listened to the answering machine, skipped through the letters, had a coffee, and felt at home.
    My husband had some tea and skipped through the newspapers, and felt at home.
    My daughter massaged a chocolate cookie into the carpet, opened one suitcase, spread our clothings all over the flat, spilled some orange juice over bits of it, and felt at home.
  4. fudgecake New Member

My news is that I had to have an operation last Friday and I can't get the stitches taken out until next Friday... and it hurts! and itches. :cry:

So, that's the bad news...

The good news is my best friend has a new kitten and I know how to make chips! Life is good! :lol:
  5. Roman_K New Member

I knew there was I reason for my faith in Ba. No matter how many times I read these two statement, the get mixed into one.
  6. fudgecake New Member

............ kitten chips? :lol:
  7. Roman_K New Member

That's the one! Should go well with puppy-burger.
  8. fudgecake New Member

Mmm.... tasty!!

**sees everyone staring at her**

What? it's no worse than cow burgers. Just because puppies are small and cute... DISCRIMINATION!!! :lol:
  9. Hsing Moderator

Probably, yes!

Hm, I've got a question for you that fits this thread with the daily happenings of everyones lifes, I think.

My holidays end soon, and I will have to organize my daughter, courses, my studies, my social life, the household, extra tasks like bureaucracy, seeing doctors with child and myself, and whatnot, and some healthy exercise (because without it, I fold up after a few weeks - that's true!).
    To achieve something, I would have to be very organized. Actually, I'd need a schedule for each day.
    My daughter is in Kindergarten from 8.30 to 13.13, and I'm planning to let my day look something like this:
    6.00: getting up, 45 minutes running, breakfast with family, 8.00: getting daughter to kindergarten, university and reading, with one day off in the week for said extra tasks; 13.30: getting home, daughter has a nap.
    This part of the day is pretty well tested from the past months and works quite well. But due to the rest of the day sinking in chaos because I try to do everything at once, the forenoons are often more hectic, too, all kinds of stuff stays undone, and I am under constant stress, which ruins my health and mood.
    PS: Reading or doing coursework with small huiman being around is out of question. I know it's different with some kids, but no - not with this one.

Now... my question.
    How do you organize your days?
    Do any of you have to include kids?
    Any brilliant ideas to split up my day?
    Or some extra hours you want to give away?
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I have nothing helpful to add, but 13.13 seems very precise! ;)
  11. spiky Bar Wench

God love 'em the bloody terrors :p lets see.I'm terrible at formal planning but loosely based lists seem to work well when confronted with kids (based on a friend who did uni with 2, I admire the socks off her)... From what she told me she makes lists, mostly in her head, of what needs to be done, has a priority for everything on it. Has the day planned does the critical things on the list and if stuff gets in the way non-critical things (like ironing, hubbie can go crumpled apparently or iron it himself) can drop off to the list for the following day. Shit can't happen forever, but trying not to stress the little stuff helps.

Although, planning is crucial if your trying to do uni with a baby. Do you have any free time in the day without the baby? Can your husband take care of her for an hour or so every evening to give you some free and clear time to study and do assignments? He'd also better be willing to give you some free time on weekends to write assignments and stuff as well... Although I remember you saying that he had to work a lot at the moment. Has things there improved?

I'll stop talking now :oops:
  12. Hsing Moderator

:D
    13.30 it is.

Ah, and things improved, but it will get worse again. Its nothing I can count on half a year in advance. He comes home an hour or 1 1/2 before the kid gets to sleep.
    I'm thinking of giving the ironing away to a washing saloon. Its not even that expensive, not even for us, and saves a lot of time.
  13. sampanna New Member

For some reason, I'm getting a feeling of deja vu .. I just feel you've said this before Spiky :?
  14. Hsing Moderator

When? Were?
  15. spiky Bar Wench

When? Where? I don't remember saying. Now you've got me freaked out :shock:
  16. sampanna New Member

I don't know .. the old board maybe? While reading it I felt that I had read similar advice before, and with the same riders .. coming from a friend etc.

Or maybe I just have a malfunctioning brain :)
  17. spiky Bar Wench

I'm making no assumptions about your brain :roll:

However, it could be my brain malfunctioning. I have no mid-term memory its either the last 5 minutes or 10 years ago... I have no memory in between.

BTW we need an emotican for looking shifty, the roll eyes one doesn't work as well.
  18. colonesque10 New Member

I've just been to watch the suckiest game of football ever, well for a while anyway. I could have stayed at home and shouted at the screen whilst drinking the glorious amber nectar. And to top the evening off Wycombe won.

Say it with me Bob :(
  19. Hsing Moderator

Now seeing your avatar next to Bob... he could almost be Bob's uncle...
  20. OmKranti Yogi Wench

hehe 'Bob's your uncle'
  21. Electric_Man Templar

:D
  22. fairyliquid New Member

Gah, Moving again. This time to Mumbai, just annoying considering im more than half way through GCSE's. Looks like I'm just not doing them now (on the bright side no exam, on the bob :( side no results) On the new school side, labtops are cumpulsory, and have to be a pretty high quality one too.

Is there anyone on the boards in Mumbai? I can't remember seeing anyone...

Oh well, now i have lots of wonderful school interviews and entrance exams to look forward to :( :cry: :( At least I can have fun with any coursework due before I leave :p
  23. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sorry to hear it, Fairyliquid. Good luck with the new school!
  24. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

Ah, Colon... some fooballers should be sold out as firewood, or Pinoccio logs...they would be much more useful in that role than in the field.

I know that, with my team not playing in the Champons Lealgue for the first time in 9 years. :(
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

:whimper: I feel like shit. Having recovered from my sinusitis last week, I now appear to have an ear infection. I am very dizzy and keep nearly falling over, I feel sick and I think I am running a fever. But my doctor's surgery is closed, and I can't go to the emergency surgery till this afternoon. Garner says I should go to A&E, but I think that's stupid for an ear infection.

Also, I don't want to leave work as I have an urgent job to get done.
  26. drunkymonkey New Member

Plymouth Argyle is the best team in the world, ever.
  27. Rincewind Number One Doorman

tie a pillow to your forehead.
  28. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sage advice, as always, Rinso.

I went and hid in the ladies' loo and lay down on the floor. And then that gave me heartburn. I'm starting to suspect that the Ba has hacked into the Reality Computer again.
  29. sampanna New Member

I'm originally from Pune, which is pretty close to Mumbai. Ask anything you want to :). Good luck with the move .. if you've never been to India before, then it's going to be a bit ... overwhelming!

Edited to add:
    Hope you feeling better now Buzzfloyd.

Reedited to add:
    Quick edits have started showing up as edits.
  30. Freya New Member

There, there, Buzz. I'm sorry you feel so rough. Have a virtual blanket and a cup of tea. Although I'm not sure if the tea would help!

For the sickness, trying sucking on icecubes; it always makes me feel better. .......and get down to that Doctor's as soon as you can.

Bugger work, it will still be there tomorrow - urgent or not. If you have to, better to take some stuff home to do than you ending up in a crumpled heap after one of your dizzy spells :rolleyes: It mucks up their blameless their HSE record. ;)
  31. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

Maybe, but only after Rushden & Diamonds (I like the name :)) and reserves of Dinamo Kiev...

Buzz, get well soon! :roll:
  32. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thanks, guys. I had a Strepsil and a cup of tea. The Strepsil helped, but the tea didn't. I know, I know! Just don't let it get out that tea didn't help, or there'll be panic in the streets.
  33. fairyliquid New Member

Well i baisically know nothing! I have lived in Jakarta before so it wont be as much as a shock as it would be comming from britain or singapore but I also know its completely different from anywhere. All I have is a crummy tourist book we bought when we thought we were moving there about 4 years ago and a website on my school.

If you know a good website or anything, or even just general info i would be most grateful.

buzzfloyd: feel better :( dont be bobish
  34. sampanna New Member

Well, I'm sure you will find a lot about general city information on the net. I'll try to write something that will give you an idea of life in Bombay .. but I can't do that now. I'll try to do that today evening, otherwise definitely tomorrow evening. I'm flying out to California today, and it's a long flight back tomorrow so I should be able to type up something :)
  35. fairyliquid New Member

dont worry, i dont move for 4 months! Thank you so much though, it would be a big help :D
  36. sampanna New Member

Now you've given me plenty of time to loaf around :)
  37. colonesque10 New Member

LOL :D

Grace, if you ever come to my house never lie on my bathroom floor. The last person to do that was opened up live on CH4 to try to ascertain which disease killed him.

Ivan. Dinamo Kiev used to be a top club with a superb record in the Champs league, what happend?

Ben, you smell of weasel feed. Wycombe are lucky and have a boxer playing up front, so shut it. We'll get you in the Semi's again and destroy you. ;)
  38. Hex New Member

Yesterday I selected my courses for Senior year. I'm really happy with them.
    But the school schedule I have is weird. It's a block schedule, so I have four classes a day, every day, for nine weeks. Then I do new classes.

Weird eh?

Anyway, starting on Tuesday I am going to be taking:

*AP psychology
    *Novanet (A remedial online course that allows me to catch up on Geography and Civics and at the same time not have to be in a class with a bunch of little ninth-graders).
    *Citizenship Issues Differentiated (a higher-level class).
    *Journalism

then, come november, that changes so I will be taking:
    *Oral Communications (Speech)
    *Creative writing :)
    *Science Fiction (Best class ever, I'm looking forward to it)
    and more Psychology. It's a two term class. eek!

After Christmas it changes again! So I take four more classes:

*Pre-calculus (because I'm crazy)
    *AP Literature (naturally)
    *AP US history -- they think I can do it, I think they're nuts, but 'll just do some background reading or something.
    *And for my elective I will hopefully be joining the school newspaper staff! Sweet!

And that little arangement doesnt change at all during the fourth term, except that I get a different teacher for pre-calc. For a reason I don't know yet...

if you got that, you're very smart.
    I'm just happy I get to take all those great classes!! yays!! :supz:

(sorry, i think its a funny emoticon).
  39. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

What does AP stand for, anyway?
  40. Electric_Man Templar

41. sleepy_sarge New Member

AP = Awww Poorpoorbob
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Not Alain Proist?
  43. fudgecake New Member

Angry puffin? :lol:
  44. Rincewind Number One Doorman

(my) Amigo Pedro.
  45. Electric_Man Templar

Alan Parry is a Sky football commentator who was a Wycombe director that had a section in the programme called "AP reporting"

Some of our fans call him "The Shovel Faced Gobshite", but rarely TSFG
  46. colonesque10 New Member

WOW! Just found out, probably later than everyone else as usual, that Family Guy are bringing out a film on DVD. It's called 'Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story' and is available from the 24th of October. ROCK ON TOMMY! :)
  47. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I've already downloaded it. I haven't watched it yet though, I didn't think it would be out here for ages. Maybe i'll wait.

I did see one sence about Thundercats that was bloody funny!

Kenny, Did you know (you should cuase i've told you) that you can download series 4 now, save you waiting for it to come out over here.
  48. Mooseman New Member

Where can you download series 4? I wanna see it

Does everyone like Family Guy here? Seems a popolar choice of program
  49. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I get mine from BearShare. Before anyone give be lip for stealing. Pirates are cool, therefore pirating is cool. And as soon as I can i'll buy them, so i'm not stealing, I'm just watching before I payed.

Moose you can just download it from any where.
  50. Mooseman New Member

okies pokies.

Is it embarressing when your in the cinema and an advert comes on saying "Dont buy Fantastic Four on pirate DVD, its bad quality," but you have it at home and know its actually quite good quality?

And of course I havent got it. Nor did I buy it from Bulgaria, along with some others. :roll:
  51. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Movies I never download. I hate watching them on the computer, they amosphere is so much better in the cinema. I've got a cinema pass which means for 13pound I can go as see as many movies I like each month. So i don;t mind going to see movies that might not be that great. I've I payed 8 pound (my pound sign isn't working so i might just use $ from now on) to go see Fantastic Four I'd come out feeling ripped off, but with my card I quite enjoyed it, has long as i see two ok movies a month i've made my moneys worth. GO UGC!
  52. colonesque10 New Member

Yeah I remember you telling me that, I stillhaven't done it yet though.

AS for the Thundercats being in Family Guy, that rocks. Thunder, thunder, thundercats....WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA 8)

Also I get the cinema free now because a friend of mine works at the local gym, on the same park and gets free admission and she stole a payslip from work so I could get it free too. So if anyone asks my name is Lee Patterson, OKAY! :)
  53. TamyraMcG Active Member

Thanks for the good thoughts Buzzfloyd and Hsing, I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, too. I hope your ear thing clears up soon, when your equilibrium goes it can be scary, it happened to me one time when I was just home from a trip with Jon, I had to have my mom bring me a prescription, there was no way I could have driven.

I hate ear infections, I read that adults rarely ever get them, but I got them pretty frequently, at least until a doctor advised me to use rubbing alcohol to clean my ears, especially when I get water in them. I just pour a capful in my ear and wait a short while then let it run out on a tissue. I think moving out of that mold ridden house I used to live in helped a lot, as well.

Hsing you will probably accomplish so much more because you have your little girl to keep you focused that when you get you degree you'll want to thank her.

Hex's AP stands for Advanced Placement, the coursework is intended to prepare for tests that will get you college credit if you do well. They can save you months and big bucks and get you out of those classes taught mostly by harried grad students and on to classes with actual professors that actually have a bearing on your real life.

Good luck on highschool in the States, Hex.

My news is that Jon is in Portland, taking his mandatory 34 hour break and will be finally heading for home on Thursday, which means he probably won't be home until after my next days off :( . At least he is somewhere I have been and I know he'll be okay there.
  54. mowgli New Member

Hex, good luck in your classes (my school had been threatened with block schedule, but never got around to it). Kudos on joining the newspaper thingie :)!

Ivanushka, hurray for Dynamo Kiev! :)
  55. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

So yesterday we had an Independence Day.

Among Ukrainian rock groups was English rocker Sean Carr (hope I write his surname right) - future son-in-low of our PM Yulia Timoshenko.It looks like she is getting used to that freaky-dicky pervboy. :D

Mowgli - nice to see you back, hope your trip didn't avert you from your home city. ;) Dinamo hurray, hurray. *weakly*

Colon, Dinamo is having hard times - we can't find our game since the death of Valeriy Lobanovskiy and transfers of Kaladze, Shevchenko, Rebrov, Luzhniy to the European clubs. But the biggest problem is team spirit - we've lost it when legoinaries flooded the team.

We have already returned Rebrov(did a mistake by joining Spurs), Vlad Vashuk, and are looking for a new coach. Otmar Hitzfeld (ex Baern Munich) and Oleg Blochin (living legend of Soviet and World football, current coach of Ukrainian national team) are the most likely candidates.
  56. colonesque10 New Member

I don't think many teams could do with losing Rebrov and Shevchenko (currently voted the best player on the planet) Ivan bu it is a pity to see the great name of Dinamo Kiev not in the Champions League draw.

As for the draw I just knew we'd get Chelsea once we were told there was no country selection. Anderlect aren't the team they used to be but Betis are a top side so it'll be a tough ask to just qualify.

Group G:
    LIVERPOOL :) (Champions of Europe)
    Chelsea
    Anderlect
    Real Betis

PS: Good luck with classes Hex and I hope your feeling better Grace :)
  57. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

:D Chuckchee governor's team will play against "You'll never walk alone". :D

You'll win, that's my word.

Anderlecht is pretty weak nowadays, and Betis shouldn't be a problem as well.
  58. fudgecake New Member

Aww, I just emptied my PM inbox and now it says "You have no messages" and I feel unloved. :( I shall join Bob in his sadness corner.

Did you even know he had a sadness corner? Oh yeah. He does. :D

EDIT: Hooray for sleepy_sarge! I am no longer unloved! And he got a cookie. Win/win. :D
  59. Mooseman New Member

Cookies? Hmmmm.... maybe I'll do that too.

All i can see is an orange (always oranges!) and some Ketchup. :(

"once bitten, twice shy"

Im surprised the oranges stay with us then :lol:
  60. fudgecake New Member

Hmm... oranges and ketchup... kind of like marmalade? This calls for an investigation...

**tries oranges and ketchup**

No..... really not like marmalade....... :vom: Eeeeew.... I don't even LIKE tomato ketchup... WHY do I do these things???

:lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.