Members' News

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Silmaril, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaccairn New Member

Hope you're recovering from the shock and injury Hsing, and I'm glad your daughter barely noticed it.
  2. Victimov8 New Member

My sympathies Hsing.
    I have had collision induced neck spasms before, and it is nasty: Luckily I didn't have a young 'un to look after at the time!

Glad that you are safe!
  3. roisindubh211 New Member

Feel better, Hsing!
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Hope you feel better soon Hsing. One good thing about this time fo year for us Northern Hemispherers is that the weather is getting better and better, even on a bad weather day you know it's gradually getting warmer nonetheless. :)
  5. spiky Bar Wench

Hope you get better soon and theres no permanent damage...

My news: I'm moving house early next week so I may be a little awol for a while
  6. Hex New Member

Good luck with the move Spiky! And I hope you're feeling better Hsing.

Plenty of University news on my end. I got accepted at Emerson, Boston University and University of Oregon and got on the waiting list at Sarah Lawrence, all of which are great accomplishments.

I also got into the honors program at University of Nebraska Lincoln, which only has 500 places, so I am very pleased with that.

And I made my decision this week. This fall I will be attending U of Nebraska in Lincoln to double major in Poli Sci and English. I'll be living on campus even though I do live in town not that far away, and I got a couple scholarships maiking it sinfully cheap to attend. I'm aiming for graduate school in the UK!

So yes, I am no longer worried and feel very pleased with myself for all these things.

Yay me! Cookies ahoy! :D :D

(edit for le typoes)
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay Hex !! that's awesome news ! :supz:
  8. roisindubh211 New Member

Hex that's awesome! Congratulations. I'm glad you found a place you wanted (and you're close enough to home for parental cooking, always a bonus :D )

My mom called the other day to inform me that my dog has gone- not only that, but we think a lady in our town took her and gave her away to somone else! As she's investigating my mom keeps finding people who've had this happen to them- one guy said his dog got out, she took it, got it neutered, and then gave it away. Apparently she's set herself up as the protector of animals, if its wandering outside you have no right to it. Grrr. I hope she gets in legal trouble over this, we have the police looking into it I think as well.
    I hope the dog gets home too. :(
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

that's theft, man. even if there's leash laws that are being violated, it's still theft of property.

she sounds either a bit mental or a bit half-witted though, to just snatch people's pets without even attempting to locate the real owner.

i suggest you have her burried alive under half a ton of wet concrete.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

That would just be a waste of good concrete and pretty good fertiliser... Bury her at the bottom of her own garden, at least you should get some decent roses out of it.

I hope your dog turns up fine, roisin, losing an animal, whatever the way, sure sucks, and not knowing what has happened sucks doubly.
  11. Pixel New Member

Why waste protein? Feed her to the other dogs in town - if she's doing it because she loves dogs she should be happy, and if she's doing it because she hates dogs she deserves it! I'm a cat person myself, but I recognise that overactive groin-sniffing leg-shagging pavement-fouling face-licking door-scratching monsters have a right not to be kidnapped and mutilated!
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:"Pixel"], but I recognise that overactive groin-sniffing leg-shagging pavement-fouling face-licking door-scratching monsters [/quote]

Whats the most accurate description of Ben i've heard.
  13. roisindubh211 New Member

Thanks guys; still no news on it, but, as my mom has pointed out, we know she'll at least be safe even if she's gone. What really sucks is that our other dog died this time last year, so its a really strange coincidence that her daughter should wander off too.

Not sure I'd want to feed her to dogs, though; might make them ill.
  14. peapod_j New Member

what a bumer that your dog has gone. that lady should be put in a sheed full of visious dogs and riped to peces (im not normaly a vilont person) its crule what she has done. if our dog had vanached when she was alive (irish red seter mad mad mad) the whole famaly would have been looking for her. she was a recued dog and was put down when i was 5 living in wales (im now 18 ) the famly still miss having our dog around and my parents are thinking of having another dog when they retare or before then when i move out/get a job and move out.

well since i was not acepted into any univisitys i have to entre clering and see if i can get in to my cource that way (enviromental helth) or go into work for a year and then become a air stuerdess (troly dolly) or try for univisity again.
  15. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Care to try for spellcheck while you're at it?
  16. Electric_Man Templar

You wish
  17. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You've been reading my wish list, haven't you, HAVEN'T YOU!?
  18. Electric_Man Templar

You wish*!

And I have been reading it, you did display it in the National Museum of Crappy Wishlists

*smell of poo
  19. spiky Bar Wench

Now now. Ben stop humping RInce's leg and Rince put the wishlist away, if you didn't bring enough for everyone, you shouldn't have one at all...

Still in the middle of moving its all a bit shitty at the moment... I can't get the phone and internet connected at the new place because for some reaon the telephone company doesn't know that our new house exists :evil: I've been in it and I've signed a lease for it, to find out now that it doesn't exist is a pain.

oh well the removalists turn up on Tuesday if they can't find it because it fails to exist then we're in trouble.

Hex: Congrats on the uni offers (you must feel loved)
    Roisin: I hope you find your dog, I had a neighbour once that used to lock our pets in his garage for a week but at least he didn't give them away. Maybe we should marry these people off to each other, and make each other miserable.
  20. sampanna New Member

Way to go. Another thing you can check is if your U. has a deal with some UK univ. .. you can take some courses in the UK then.
  21. TamyraMcG Active Member

Well, I talked Jon into going to a garage sale ( the surest sign that spring is here) and there on the first table by the door was a working computer for $200.00, so I am back. We got broadband today and so far so good.

Work has been sort of problematic, time is getting short before the lay-off for the remodeling project and that means time is getting short for the permanent lay-offs and I just have a feeling that even if I get to keep working at the plant I may have to go to a different shift. This was supposed to happen back in January so I am grateful I had work for the winter. Now that spring has sprung it won't be so hard not to have a job.

I sort of wanted to be laid of during the construction but since the chance I get to keep the job is so iffy I took my name off the list. I still may be laid- off but with my luck I will have to put up with working through the construction and end up going back to the trimtable on the graveyard shift or even worse the swing shift. :?
  22. Saccharissa Stitcher

Congratulations Hexie! Many wishes for academic achievement!

Tamyra, I hope everything works out fine and that you have a good shift in your job.
  23. Guest Guest

I left my husband yesterday. Wev'e had problems for a while and it all came to a head on Saturday. I was scared to stay with him and found the strength to get up and leave.

I may not be on as much for a while as i'm staying with my Mom for the forseeable future. I have a few friends on here that know and i thank them so much for their support, i don't think i would have made it through this without them. I hope they remain friends now that i'm not gonna be on as much as before.

I hope no one minds me posting this but i needed to tell someone before i went mad and you lot all seem to care, with the exception of Chris but hey thats just Chris.
  24. Victimov8 New Member

We'll stick with you Wend - you are too good to abandon in your time of need
    *Hugs*
  25. KaptenKaries New Member

It'll sort out mate, you'll be fine.
  26. chrisjordan New Member

I care in my own special way. :p

Seriously though, I hope everything works out for you.
  27. Garner Great God and Founding Father

wowza, hang in there Wendy. We'll beat up CJ for you on a daily basis if it makes you feel better.
  28. Guest Guest

Thanks all.

I really am doing well with support, and thank you Garner but no beatings will be needed, Chris has been just as nice (shock horror) as everyone else.....thanks for the sentiment though.
  29. Cynical_Youth New Member

Misswhiplash, I hope you manage to sort everything out. I wouldn't worry about posting stuff like this or not being online, the community is here for support as well as fun.
  30. Hsing Moderator

I hope you get all the support you need, and that it all sorts out soon...
    I suppose the most difficult step's been done though. May your life re-arrange itself soon, smoothly, and in a good way. And may you get broadband wherever you move. :)
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

Cripes, misswhiplash, that's one hell of a step forward, and not an easy one to take I imagine... Just look at this as a fresh, new start, and remember there are people here who do care, and have their fingers crossed for you (but not right now, because it makes typing that much harder). Feel free to mp anytime, if you want to talk...
  32. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Good luck and strength to you.
  33. mowgli New Member

34. Guest Guest

Thanks to you all.

I am touched at the response to that post, i only wanted to get everything off my chest and you have all been so kind in reply.

I can't believe how nice you all are, i really am so proud to be part of such a caring community.

Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
  35. Saccharissa Stitcher

Wendy, I applaud you for your brave decision to end a situation that made you not only unhappy, but fearful. May this be the last trouble you have in you life.
  36. spiky Bar Wench

kudos to Wendy and hang in there, your cool like this :cooler: and I hope you never feel like Bob :(

In my less than significant news, I've moved house (and it exists) but I'm still trying to get the internet connected at home though... stupid company.
  37. roisindubh211 New Member

Good luck, Miss Whiplash.

I got a text from home about 3 am- they got my dog back! No idea how or anything, suppose I'lll learn that later.
  38. Hsing Moderator

Probably by hiring a dognapper... Good news! :)

I've got three childless days to go, and a bad hangover. *moan*
  39. Delphine New Member

Well done, Wendy. It's a big step, but you'll be a lot happier for having taken it. Things will get easier as time goes on, and you know you've done the right thing. Hugs :)
  40. spiky Bar Wench

Are the two related somehow? Is being without child a causal effect on hangovers or is there merely a correlation between the two?

Well your obviously enjoying the freedom (except for the morning after bit), so keep it up while you can :drinkers:
  41. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Good Luck Missy! I think you should buy a monkey to help you in this diffcult time...then get bored of it and give it to me. I'm pretty certain it's the only way.
  42. QuothTheRaven New Member

I don't Know if any one will remember me, but I was here for a few monthes at the start of this board, but had to leave because of technical problems with my computer.

Anyway, I am back.
  43. Bradthewonderllama New Member

44. Cynical_Youth New Member

The Wielder of Trout returns!

Welcome back.
  45. Hsing Moderator

Welcome back, Quoth! After that many months, my PM must seem totally out of context to you. :)
  46. Hsing Moderator

They are related. As soon as I knew my husband and daughter arrived safely at their point of destination, I called a friend over, and we spent the entire night watching DVDs, eating pizza, drinking a few beers, and smoking waterpipe. It was almost student's life again...
  47. sampanna New Member

Doesn't the RSPCA have anything to say about Rinso having monkeys? The poor things don't deserve this.

Good luck to you Miss Whiplash!
  48. Guest Guest

Heh The RSPCA took Rinso himself away a while ago but couldn't cope with him, so sent him back into the community (bastards)

Still needless to say i will not be purchasing a monkey as i have only just got rid of an ape and don't want the hassle......Sorry Rinso you are out of luck honey.
  49. QuothTheRaven New Member

About the chain diary thing, is that still going on, or am I to late?
  50. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Miss Whiplash you're so selfish. And Samps you're so a Miss.

edit: Welcome back!
  51. Hsing Moderator

52. QuothTheRaven New Member

Oh well, Life goes on.
  53. Ba Lord of the Pies

Not always.
  54. Darth_Bemblebee New Member

:roll: Thanks for the reminder.
  55. redneck New Member

I got a kick out of Ba's line and seeing it next to the smiley.
  56. Katcal I Aten't French !

Hi all, I'm back ;)

The weekend was good, nice and relaxing until yesterday evening, when I got so mad at a stupid person who has ruined a year of secret plotting and therefore, I have only slept 3 hours because of continuous mental cursing of said person. Bastards... :(
  57. Hsing Moderator

A night spent mentally cursing is indeed wasted.
    Now verbally, or vodoo-ly, that's different.

My family is back...:) ..., and the kid kept me awake until three. Result: Same as Kats, but without any cursing, except maybe from the little one. The poor thing gets her back teeth. *
    I skipped a lesson and stole two extra hours of sleep from the rest of my life after taking a look in the mirror.

*Teeth, or children teething, is what God really had in mind when he spoke of the hard things to come as a price for offspring, you know, when he kicked Adam and Eve out of Eden. It sometimes starts when they're three months old. They often get their backteeth between 2nd and third birthday. And start loosing them damned things at five. What the heck? And then, look at what they get for it!
  58. QuothTheRaven New Member

I just completed the first day of my school's anual CST (California Standards Test). I think I did well. Todays portion was reading comprehension, and writing mechanics will be tomarow. Wish me Luck.
  59. fairyliquid New Member

Good luck with those tests quoth...although they are probably finished...

First GCSE out of the way...hurray...the art exam is done and dusted. No more art classes in my life time...unless I change my mind in a spurt of inssanity....

And to scare you all with my artistic attepmts...here is my final piece

its not to bad so long as you dont start looking to closely at the right hand side...
  60. Human New Member

My woodwind ensemble did the state evaluations today. We pulled a gold - top score - in one of the supposedly toughest states in the U.S.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.