Members' News

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Silmaril, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missy New Member

Well, i didn't get it.... they didn't bother to tell me i needed sales exp. i hate sales and would never applied if they had said!

oh well, wrack it up to experience and try again.....

Bugger.

:cry:
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Aww crap, missy, better luck next time...
  3. spiky Bar Wench

Thats crap missy...

My news: I'm sick. I'm really sick. I'm sitting at home trying to amuse myself inbetween blowing my nose, coughing so hard it hurts and wishing that my body didn't hurt so much. Pity me :cry:
  4. Hex New Member

I'm sorry Missy *hug* Better luck next time.

I am sick too. My head feels like a hippopotomaus is sitting on it and my nose is being repeatedly blown.
    I empathize with you Spiky. It is cold season :(

Also allergy season :( :(
  5. redneck New Member

I feel fine. Quite chipper in fact. I feel almost like going for a walk. I feel much better than you to say you do. I think that I shall gloat at you and feel even better. *gloat. gloat. gloat.* Ahhhhhhhhhh. Pleasant.

In other news, my sister had a little girl Tuesday. Lauren Grace weighed 9 pounds 2 and was 20.5 inches long. I guessed 9 pounds 10 and 21 inches long. Didn't miss by much. Lauren has been only the second smallest baby of all my six nieces. Three were above ten pounds, one was very high nines, and one weighed in at a measly 8 pounds and four ounces. She was a runt.
  6. sampanna New Member

Family of giants, is it? :) When I first read it, I thought your niece's name was Tuesday ...
  7. mowgli New Member

::smacks Redneck with a large trout for gloating:: ... laughs as Redneck discovers that he is pitifully allergic to large trouts!

(congrats on your uncle-hood though :))

Get better soon, Hex and Spiky! (Tea, lots and lots of TEA...)
  8. Hsing Moderator

Sorry to hear that, Missy. Somehow my thumbcrossing almost always fails. I shall refrain from it in the future.

Get better soon, Hex and Spiky.

And congratulations on unclehood from me, too, Redneck!

Edit to ask:

By the way, is anyone from the board considering to travel to world cup, or knows anyone who does?
  9. QuothTheRaven New Member

*smacks mowgli with a large trout for staeling my job*
    *congradulates redneck and simultainously smacks him with a trout for gloating*
    *smacks the common cold*
    (Hex and spiky are not the only ones sick).
  10. spiky Bar Wench

Hsing, no I'm not and I don't know anyone that is, except the Australian football team that is...

And whats with the really big letters?
  11. Electric_Man Templar

I wish I could, shame the tickets are stupidly expensive.
  12. Perdita New Member

I think my brother and 5/6 of his friends are going.
    As of the last time I was talking to him this was his plan:
    They're takeing three weeks off work, flying to somewhere in England, buying a camper van and then getting a ferry - dover to calais then driving down to it.
    They reckon they'll never get tickets to the bigger matches (obviously) but they're talking about watching teams like Trinidad and Tobago etc.

N.B: This plan is my brothers. It may not work out. Infact it is probably hoakem© and bumpf © and quite possibly never going to happen.
  13. Hsing Moderator

I've just always wanted to try them out, really. I didn't imagine they'd come out that big, but was too lazy to give it a second thought.
  14. Hsing Moderator

Perdita:
    Hm... they should be aware that a) we have right hand traffic, and if they buy a camper van in England, it'll be tricky to drive over here.
    b) all tickets are equally hard to get. They did that on purpose. It's a system more complicated than getting a German passport - which might be cheaper and easier.

Good luck to them anyway. :)

I just thought that, in case some of you or friends or relatives plan to come over here, I might be able to offer some help, or tips where to find cheap rooms, or whatever.
  15. jaccairn New Member

Are they aware that lots of other fans have had the same idea and camper vans will probably be in short supply this summer? Unless they already have one lined up. :)
  16. Perdita New Member

I think little Bro could handle a camper van OK. He loves driving- He is a digger driver!- a few weeks ago he took some holidays to drive his friends HGV to Holland... The driving really wouldn't be the problem!

I'm not sure if they have a camper van lined up to tell you the truth Jaccairn!- I know they do have lots of camping equipment as my brother and his friends camp out at Oxygen (big festival outside Dublin) every year.

I don't think they're going to get any tickets at all that's why I think his plans may not work out but knowing him he'd probably just go for the beer and the atmosphere and to watch England loose *runs and hides*
  17. Electric_Man Templar

Excitement at work! I shall relay the excitement vie the medium of a msn convo.
    Background: the window next to my workstation looks out onto a large lawn, which is frequently populated by rabbits (i've seen at least 20 out there at one time), pheasants, squirrels and the odd cat.

18. Human New Member

We interrupt this account of a fascinating conversation to announce that Human scored a perfect hundred on two out of three Nyssma evaluations. And the third was a ninety eight.

All State Band, here I come.
  19. Delphine New Member

NO WAY! RABBITCH FIGHT! did you and your workmates put bets on the winner? i bet you did. The other rabbits should have intervened though. Maybe it was over a lady rabbit. Did you see a lady rabbit? they wear pink bows in between their ears, you know.

Also, Chris, rabbits don't purr, you freak. You're obviously thinking of that other popular domesticated house pet, the hamster.

And well done Human.
  20. chrisjordan New Member

Rabbits do purr, you fool. Either that or my rabbit was a motor rabbit. A purry kind of grunt, it was.

Edit! According to my trusty source, House Rabbits - Behavior, Care, Rescue, Adoption, Education | House Rabbit Society, rabbits can purr when contented!

Thus proving that my rabbit was, in fact, a happy rabbit, and not a motor rabbit. Ha!
  21. Electric_Man Templar

Did you drive your rabbit to school? That would pretty much indicate that it was a motor rabbit.

I didn't see any pink bows, in fact, I've never seen any pink bows on the rabbits. Maybe they aren't allowed out of the burrow and are forced to do the cooking and cleaning.
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

What's so odd about it ? **pictures pink cat wearing a bikini and parading round the rabbit-fight ring with the round number on a board**

Oh, and rabbits don't just purr they can growl and even pounce ferociously on unsuspecting bits of cabbage if they're given a chance !
  23. Watchman New Member

Yeah, my sisters rabbit was a vicious little swine, the cats lived in terror of it and that's saying something as my two cats usually chase the neighbourhood foxes around and keep cornering other peoples cats and picking fights. Never heard him purr but he certainly made grunting noises, usually whilst hurling himself at something or kicking, lil' rabbit warcry...
  24. Hsing Moderator

We have a domesticated rabbit in our garden, it belongs to my landlady - it's got a kind of outdoor enclosure plus two boxes which it shares with another rabbit and a guinea pig. This one climbs over the fence whenever it gets bored of its compund, and jumps back in - mind you, the fence is 1,10 m high. Its almost flying. Also, it has killed five other rabbits in the course of the years.

The "best thing" though: A giant rat turned up in our garden. It had probably been living in our bedroom wall for more than a year, at least it's finally gone quiet in there since....

The rabbit attacked the rat and killed it. This rat was almost as big as the rabbit.

The rat had started to just wander through the garden when we were out there playing, and gave a damn about us. When it tried the same with the rabbit matron, there must have been a fight - both were found next morning, rabbit ruffled and a few scratches, but okay, and the rat torn to shreds. There were no signs of any other animal in the garden, and no possibility for, say, a dog to get in and attack both.

Since then she's not "Mucki" anymore, she's "Killer-Mucki".

A propos landlady, my lawyer told me today that my former landlady has no right on any more money from us. Saves us 300 Euros! And to think we pay only 30 per year for the protection of tenants!
  25. Orrdos God

Pffff, rabbit fighting is passe.

Now, Rabbi fighting! That's the future
  26. redneck New Member

Rabbit's can also squeal. I always helped my dad harvest our rabbits. Sometimes, after the first hammer blow, they would emit a terrible shriek that would curdle our blood. Fun times.

I thought rabbis fought all the time.
  27. Delphine New Member

:shock:
  28. Katcal I Aten't French !

I read that out to my husband, he said "oh, yeah, I know, horrible damn squeakers, you've got to be a dead hit with a hammer" in a bored tone of voice. Now, where did I put those divorce papers again ? :roll:
  29. Garner Great God and Founding Father

you sick bastard. I hope you get sat on by an elephant.
  30. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Don't blame Redneck just because he realizes that the proper place for a rabbit is in a stew pot. Even if he does use that creepily Orwellian term "harvest".
  31. mowgli New Member

Such inconsiderate rabbits! All that fuss over a measly hammer blow...

P.S. ::borrows a trout from Quoth and smacks Brad with it::

P.P.S. ::while at it, smacks Katcal's husband as well::

P.P.P.S ::considers smacking Redneck, again. Decides not to, he sounds traumatized enough :p ::

(and yeah, "harvesting" is an extremely creepy term!!!)
  32. spiky Bar Wench

I don't knwo much about rabbits. Australians come up with creative diseases to kill them all off so besides shooting (I meaning harvesting) a few to put a big stick through to spit roast (in which case the only noise the rabbit makes is 'sizzle') I am sadly lacking in rabbit knowledge.

Although I admire a 3 page conversation on rabbits... And I bet it looked like this

[IMG]

Edit: Because the [enter] key is my friend and should be punched more often
  33. Electric_Man Templar

It did look like that! Only the rabbits I saw got more height and did more twisting. The rabbits should so sue the Matrix guys.
  34. sleepy_sarge New Member

Well hello! I'm back. Been on an insane amount of business travel worldwide, and I'm now spending what I reckon is my third week of 2006 in my actual home!

Anyway good to be back and hello everyone.

Now for some serious catching up

SS
  35. Maljonic Administrator

Welcome back sleepy_sarge. :)
  36. QuothTheRaven New Member

37. Katcal I Aten't French !

I read "chatting up" the first time... I really must get some serious sleep.
  38. sleepy_sarge New Member

And I read ... "I really must get some serious sheep." ;)
  39. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Welcome back, Sleepy Sarn't
  40. Katcal I Aten't French !

Which explains the chatting up, obviously :D
  41. sampanna New Member

Well, it was Katcall after all .. either one is right :)
  42. Katcal I Aten't French !

Now if you had spelt my name right, they would have both been correct. :cooler:

Except everyone knows that sheep are geneticly silly.
  43. Garner Great God and Founding Father

to everyone who made a bunny killing joke: you suck.

and welcome back sarge
  44. Hsing Moderator

Even if it the bunny was the killer...?
  45. QuothTheRaven New Member

Looks like Doors has found someone to talk to.
  46. Hsing Moderator

I've had some ugly migraine attacks those last weeks, complete with the whole bundle of known symptoms beside the headache (as impaired vision, and whatnot).
    I'll try to spend as little time as possible in front of any kind of screen for a while, as that usually didn't do me any good those last weeks (uni won't allow me to avoid computers entirely, but my private sessions shall rest until I've got some advice and maybe medication from my med).
    I'll try to be online as little as possible until someone screwed my head off, took the shrapnell splinters out, and gave it back to me.
  47. Ekke New Member

I hope your migraine is better soon Hsing :( Everyone got enough sleep yet? I got stuck in the snow in a small town far from home last week and I really didn't enjoy that. :cry: If I want to snow in somewhere, I want it to be in my home, or maybe with some good-looking guy and a great amount of alcohol. :badgrin:
  48. Katcal I Aten't French !

:shock:
    Someone has just e-mailed me wanting to buy a costume I made for my husband some years ago and pay quite a lot for it... She found a picture of it while searching for pictures of an anime character (don't know his name in English, he wasn't on british TV when I was a kid, whereas here he's a national hero) and her husband desperately wants it to wear to a wedding next weekend.

My husband says ok to rent it out to them as long as we get it back in good condition. I still don't believe it :shock: I'm famous !
  49. Watchman New Member

An anime costume to a wedding? That'll be one nobody forgets in a hurry. Congrats on the commission!
  50. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yeah, one of the conditions is that they send us photos of the wedding, I wish we had had the balls to do a fancy dress wedding, that would have been soooooo much fun ! In fact, I seem to remember seeing a diskworld-style costumed wedding somewhere on the web, with assorted feegles and so on... Awesome !
  51. Human New Member

That is awesome beyond belief. You make MONEY from cosplaying?

Now I wish I'd skipped less Home Ec.
  52. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Jerry Lewis?

Congrats Katcal!

In my news, I'll be offline for a bit as the net here is being shutdown in prep for the move home! Yay! So, I may next post from either Kuwait, of Philadlephia!
  53. jaccairn New Member

I'm waiting for my sister to give birth (it's her first and a week and a half overdue). She went into labour Thursday night and the baby is still not showing any sign of wanting to come out. They had to reduce the pain medication because she was getting too much and now they're thinking about offering her the option of a caesarian. My mum is worrying like mad as we're not getting many updates as her husband naturally wants to be with her and you can't use mobiles in the hospital. The hospital itself won't give out information over the phone.
    Every time the phone rings you think it's news, but it's usually someone else in the family asking "is there news yet".
  54. Delphine New Member

She went into labour on THURSDAY!?

i hope the baby arrives soon. i don't know much about the options, but i'm very impressed she's still at it. i would have demanded a ceser... cecsa... C-section ages ago.

Thoughts with your sister, Jackie. When the kid is old enough it will make a good story for guilt trips.
  55. Katcal I Aten't French !

I asked my husband, he says the character's name is Harlock in English, the pic is here for those curious...
    Harlock - My husband in his costume

Congrats to Brad for going home, and to jaccairn's sister when she finally has her baby, and all my sympathy until then. It's hell to go through, from what I have heard from family members who have had long labour and/or ceasarians, but it's just a bad moment to get through with happiness on the other side ;)
  56. Human New Member

*Snerk*

I'm too polite to say anything... But seeing someone actually trying to WEAR pirate outfits is always good for a laugh.
  57. jaccairn New Member

My nephew finally made his appearance at 10.23 last night :shock: weighing in at 8lb 10oz and 50cm long. Didn't need a caesarian though they were down in theatre just in case and apart from being very tired everythings OK. No name as yet, they were having problems thinking of boys names that they liked and their friends hadn't already used.
  58. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yarrr ! :D you should have seen some of the other people at that party :D It was great fun, I must say...
  59. spiky Bar Wench

Yay for you and your sister Jackie. I'm glad it all worked out... My suggestion for a boys name: Reginald. No one will have it and it can go from being dignified to down right plebian with 'Regie'.

Oh and I do like to see an emo pirate :yarr: theres just not enough of them in the world.
  60. mowgli New Member

Hurray for Jaccairn's sister and nephew!!! She can always use a detailed description of what she had to go through to bring her son into the world, in case he starts acting out later

(My Mom got far by merely showing me how big my head was at the time of my birthing...)

Katcal's husband picture - hooooooooooooooooot! :lol: Very awesome!

Brad: ... :) ::knocks on desk::
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.