NEW TO THE SITE

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by DeWorde, Mar 24, 2006.

1. DeWorde New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself to you all.My names Chris,I'm 32 and I'm a Pratchett-holic!I've been this way since the age of 14 when I first read Mort,and firmly lay the blame on my lack of social graces,my inability to communicate with other people and my lack of success with the opposite sex square at the feet of one T.Pratchett esq. :lol:

BUT WHO CARES!!!!

My favourite books are Mort,(my first love!x),The Truth,and Night Watch although with Terry,I find,reading about the Discworld is a lot like that other fabled automatic,music (upon the subject of which;I got all the references Ande Supporting Bandes name change discussons were about in Soul Music,but which band was Terry alluding to with the name Surreptious Fabric?Can somebody fill me in with this its been driving me mad for years! :lol: )
  2. Marcia Executive Onion

Hi DeWorde. Surreptitious Fabric is the Velvet Underground :)
  3. DeWorde New Member

Damnit Marcia you're right!What a pillock I've been!THANK YOU! :) Are you ok my friend? Are you reading any Terry at the moment? I'm currently listening to the audiobook of The Last Continent.
  4. Ba Lord of the Pies

If DeWorde doesn't stop abusing exclamation points, his punctuation priveledges will be revoked.
  5. drunkymonkey New Member

That's not very nice! Wouldn't you be excited if you came onto such a lovely website as this?

And hello thar DeWorde.
  6. Hsing Moderator

And why did he have punctuation privileges to start with? He something special? :p

Welcome, De Worde.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, anyone would be... except Ba... Ba only gets excited at things like smiting and sheep.

Welcome DeWorde ! &== only one, see, Ba, no smiting please ! :D
  8. drunkymonkey New Member

Ba would never smite me!!!

Hehe...
  9. DeWorde New Member

Thank you my fellow members of the group for your warm welcome.I hope to have some fun on here with my fellow Pratchett admirers and discuss whatever is up for,erm,discussion in the discworld, or this lesser round one.I have to say about Bal our omnipresent overlord,there is such a thing as taking your ineffeable powers too far you know.I far from doubt your all seeing ability when it comes to spotting punctuation usage (I mean,I doubt if Offler would recognise a semi colon even if it was offered to him as a sacred sausage! :) )but this is a very exciting moment for me as I've just joined your wonderful group and my Pratchett fandom has been something of a solitary affair with the wonderful exception of getting my father into the great Mr P. I plough a lone furrow of dedicated discworld worship in my provincial locale (its like scrote with electric lighting) where the local biblophile philostines seem to prefer Razzle,The Sun,and,gods save us!,Ha**y Po**er.I'm glad to find some people who appreciate good witty literature at last! :)

p.s Bal,in case your godlike powers escape you temporarily the exclamation marks in my subject heading are by way of gentle sarcasm.
    Dock me a few full stops and put some question marks on my tab mate! :)
  10. koshu New Member

hi DeWord Welcome to the humble world of us :lol:
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh dear, mighty smiting ahead... Ba with an extra L... there will be bloodshed :D
  12. Ba Lord of the Pies

*Smites Drunky and, after careful thought, sets DeWorde on fire*
  13. DeWorde New Member

I have to beseech thee mighty BA for my taking of your holy name in vain.Please don't ignite me!Spare me my life from this monstrosity! :) Hope everyones doing well!
  14. drunkymonkey New Member

Oh come on! That was hardly fair! You didn't have to go do that! I was just being sociable!
  15. Roman_K New Member

Fairness is irrelevant. *Douses Drunky in petrol*
  16. drunkymonkey New Member

*sets match on self, and runs at Roman K*
  17. Roman_K New Member

The servants of Ba are immune to fire, at least as long as said immunity is more amusing than the alternative.

*Trips Drunky, and pushes him into a pit full of firewood*

Now then, where did I put those marshmellows...
  18. DeWorde New Member

:)
    Children,children can we please be sociable to one another! :)
  19. Katcal I Aten't French !

Errr... that IS sociable for here :D
  20. Ba Lord of the Pies

*Plays "Entrance of the Gladiators"*
  21. Maljonic Administrator

*Trips on oversized red shoes and empties bucket of confetti over Katcal* :)
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yay, confetti !!! :D (Mal, how do you know I have big feet and red shoes ? :shock: )
  23. DeWorde New Member

Katcal are those the red shoes you click together and say 'Theres no place like home' or are they the Shaker Wistley ones? :D
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, they aten't sparkly, and I've tried clicking 'em together, it don't work... they're just big and red...
  25. DeWorde New Member

Fair enough!Hope you are good today :)
  26. drunkymonkey New Member

Well, yeah, I'm a masochist, so your plan failed! Ha!