Robots !!!!!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Katcal, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, ok, I admit that of late I have become rather obsessed with the wonderful Jonathan Coulton, and have had his songs stuck in my head more than is probably healthy, however mind-smashingly awesome they are...

But I just found this after following a link from his site and it rocks so much that I just had to show you...

scribbler_robot

Stuff elephants, this is a robot that can draw!!

So, in a battle between elephants and robots, who would win?
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

What size robot? What are its armaments?
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

'tis the size of a table and armed with a felt pen...
  4. spiky Bar Wench

I say elephants.

The scribbler robot can't seem to life the pen from the page. This losing massive points in the dexterity department.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

I didn't mean that robot in particular, I meant robots in general...
  6. spiky Bar Wench

Well thats not very specific.

I mean some robots only know how to screw one bolt in, while others can dance and do the cha cha. This sin't a fair competition.

Besides, elephants don't have geeks who stay up all night eating anchovy and banana pizza to program them. They ahve to learn it all by themselves without the stench of potassium and seafood to spur them on.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

well that's like saying pirates vs ninjas is not specific enough, I mean some pirates have peg-legs and eye-patches, others are only deckhands, while some have all their limbs and eyes and superior fighting skills, whereas ninjas are, by definition, all trained to be good at fighting...
  8. spiky Bar Wench

I still say elephants no matter how you try to confuse my thinking with ninjas and pirates.

Besides I've seen an elephant as a garbage truck before. And thats cool.

I mean think of all that greenhouse gas that could be saved if an elephant came and emptied the garbage from your bin rather than those horrible trucks. Environmental.
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Elephants fart. Although admittedly it would be super cool and also produce plenty of manure to grow roses and stuff... Actually, I'm not arguing for robots or elephants really, I just like nit-picking...
  10. Hsing Moderator

Talk of reviving old threads...

...but it was so highly related.

Now you can, too! It looks cool, actually:

S C R I B B L E R