Strange and Unusual Connections

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by shadowgirl, Dec 2, 2005.

1. shadowgirl New Member

I've been really thinking the past few days (I've too much time on my hands) about how you can take one subject and connect it to another. Oh, for example let's say I take 'Star Wars' and try to connect it to 'Discworld'.
    I could say something like this:

Star Wars Episode One - The Phantom Menace had Darth Maul in it.
    The voice of Darth Maul was Peter Serafinowicz
    Peter Serafinowicz was in a sitcom called Spaced and a mocie called Shawn of the Dead
    Spaced and Shawn of the Dead starred Simon Pegg
    Simon Pegg was in an episode of Dr Who
    Dr Who had a guest appearance done by Andrew Marr
    Andrew Marr conducted an interview with Terry Pratchett
    Terry Pratchett wrote Discworld

Oh what fun this Connection game is, I thought. Maybe somebody else would like to play? So the rules are simple and the best one may even recieve a prize of, ahm, Irish air or something. What do you think?

edited to add Shawn of the Dead movie as some people may not of heard of Spaced. Or Shawn of the Dead for that matter *scratches head*
  2. OmKranti Yogi Wench

It's like that game "The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" which I was always horribly crap at.

I would play, but I'm horribly crap. If you made a list of things we have to trace from it would help. You could see who gets all of them first.

It won't be me, becuase I'm crap.
  3. fairyliquid New Member

4. TamyraMcG Active Member

Thanks for that article, Fairyliquid. It was very interesting.

I am always amazed by how some people can be so open to other people, and others can just turn people into demons they can only think of destroying.

My dad is one of those who can have a conversation with almost anyone he meets, I've seen him do it time and time again. I try sometimes myself,and usually it turns out to be a wonderful experience, but I don't think I've got what it would take to be like that lady,Lois. It must be sort of nice to be that optimistic.
  5. Hsing Moderator

Shadowgirl, like Om I think this is an interesting idea - it'd be great to read what others come up with. I myself though suck at such things. I know only half the names you cam up with, too... :-(
  6. Perdita New Member

Fairy - what a great article - it makes me want to find out more about Lois!