Suggestion for Welcome screen

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by sleepy_sarge, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:3bd4777796="Welcome Screen"]This is the new home of the Terry Pratchett Message Board community. All friendly people are welcome to join us here, whether you are a member of the old message board or new to Terry Pratchett and the Discworld.[/quote:3bd4777796]

Could we add the words/link Please take the time to introduce yourself [color=blue:3bd4777796]here[/color:3bd4777796]

since it isn't immediately apparent that we have this feature?
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I'm not sure if we need to do that, it does say 'Introductions' right at the top of the boards, then again it's easily done if others think it's a good idea? I'm just not sure we need to lead people to a particular thread.

I do think we could reword the welcome message though, removing the references to new boards and old boards, if any people have ideas about that? In fact I thought that's what this thread was going to be about when I saw it. :)
  3. sleepy_sarge New Member

Fair enough, I just noticed that quite a few new arrivals have needed a nudge towards the intro section.

I guess we all use the front page in different ways, I very rarely click the "boards" link, unless I've been offline for a while or need to go to a particular topic, and so therefore don't see the link to the Intro thread as often as people who use the boards page regularly. I'm pretty much a home page dweller :)

I agree it's probably time to drop the "old boards" text