The Boardanian Chain Diary

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Electric_Man Templar

Damn right, I have to send to Kenny :shock:
  2. Saccharissa Stitcher

Lipi, if you don't get it at your parents' adress by tomorrow, you will definately be getting it next week.
  3. Hsing Moderator

*praises* GPS chip! Now that's an idea! :D
    I will get one for my keys, too, come to think of it.
  4. lipi New Member

YAY I have it!
  5. Hsing Moderator

Great!

(Yes,answering better late than never...)

How does it look so far? :)
  6. lipi New Member

It looks great :) Unfortunately it's still waiting for my entry (shame shame on me)
    I'm just hoping that there won't be any problems while sending it between the countries, as it includes some herbs and stuff. I know we had problems sending a birthday card which had some dried fowers to Austraila. It got destroyed at the customs.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

Any hope of scanning the other contributions and yours before sending it on ? so that everything isn't lost even at the worst ? (see, that's ninja cunning ;) )
  8. lipi New Member

I don't have a scanner, but I will arrange it somehow :)
    Good thinking, Kat :)
  9. Saccharissa Stitcher

Gah! I glued some characteristic greek herbs on one of the pages! They are under tons of glue!

Spiky, if this is going to be a problem please let us know so that the herbs can get scraped off in time.
  10. Hsing Moderator

I have to discuss with the Australians as to how we organize the Chain to there, after the Secret Santa desaster, anyway...
    That does not mean I think we should exclude them!
  11. spiky Bar Wench

They can be pretty nazi-ish with quarantine here. Make sure the book is extremely well wrapped in plastic and don't declare anything. Fingers crossed with the books long haul journey...

My address has changed so I will send you my new. Look in your pm box.
  12. randywine Member

Dammit - I've only just read this thread today.
    Folks, it sounds like real good fun what you are doing. The idea of a book travelling around the world being contibuted to...fantastic.
    I'm way too late (and far to much of a newbie) to join in but I hope it works out and would love to see something of the finished product.
    If you go ahead with the PDF diary or do the 'around the world' thing again I would love to be involved - some Rabbie Burns or a picture of me falling off a mountain. :oops:

Good luck with this.

Cheers

R.
  13. Hex New Member

I'll be living under a different address by the end of August, so if there's still time to join the ranks of diary writers I would love to do so once I know where I'm living.

If the diary makes it across US lines I would enjoy writing a page or two of randomness!
  14. D*mn My absence!!
    Well, if its alright, I would like to be on the list for the next round. :)
  15. Hsing Moderator

With the ... er... speed its travelling with, you might as well join this one - I'll just come back to you once it gets near you (as in, on the same continent, roughly), okay? :)
  16. That sounds Great Hsing!! Thank you so much!! :)
  17. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I don't know where Garner and I come on the list, but I can attempt to scan in the book so far when it gets to us.
  18. randywine Member

Hsing, It would be great to be involved - just let me know what information you require, when you require it.

Cheers

R.
  19. Hsing Moderator

Okay, I'll do so once the book has made it over the Channel, or, in Somethinclever's case, over the Atlantic.
  20. Mynona Member

I did some calculating and I think I'll recieve the book somewhen around the 6th of May, 2034. :?
  21. Hsing Moderator

Lipi pm'ed me she wanted to send the book today, and looking at the calendar, I thought we should maybe pick up an old suggestion of Lipi's first and send it to one of the attendands of OmCon. The attendants could, if they find the time or have something prepared anyway, add their individual contribution, or all of them could add a little "We Were Here", as in a guest book.

I've pm'd Mynona, who would be the next in line and whom I don't just delay without asking first. But if she were okay with it, I'd just send it to the person who will probably get to see most of the OmCon, and all of you who found the time to contribute will tell me later that I can take them off the list!

Speak Out! :)
  22. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I think you should send it to the Garners house then. Seems reasonable that they would be the most likely to participate in the majority of the OmCon.
  23. Hsing Moderator

Mynona agreed to the plan, too.
  24. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Cool! I'll start thinking about what to put in there. :)
  25. OmKranti Yogi Wench

And does the promise of scanning abilities still stand?
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Only if I can fix my scanner. :( The last time I tried to scan something, the computer wouldn't recognise the scanner, and when I checked the USB, it gave me an electric shock and blue sparks were coming out of it. :( I have to take it to the shop to get fixed, but I haven't had any money. I might be able to afford it now that Clay's been paid.
  27. Mynona Member

I'm agreeing kind of person. 8)
  28. Cynical_Youth New Member

How is the plan for a digital version of this coming along?

Looking at my contribution to this, I want to change a lot (I have written better poems and the notes included play a fairly trivial melody).
  29. Hsing Moderator

It is still somewhere on the back of my mind.

What happened to the RL Chain Diary, though? Did it survive the con, and which state is it in? :)
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The Chain Diary is still with us, as Garner was not quick enough to put something in it before the Doormencon. I have done my two pages, but it's still sitting on the coffee table waiting for him to do his.
  31. Hex New Member

I have a permanent address now!
    Any chance the diary can come my way once it reaches the US? I'd be up for making an amusing entry of some sort. :)
  32. Hsing Moderator

I might work the list over anyway. Let us see the thing make its round through the UK for now; I think whenever someone's ready, I'll just shout "Who wants next?" and establish contact.
    That means, I will contact everyone in this thread sooner or later.
  33. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i need to get a decent drafting pen for what i intend to put in it. i'll try to do this before christmas.
  34. roisindubh211 New Member

can it come to Ireland after UK? since we're all so close and all?
  35. Hsing Moderator

It would be economical, I suppose. Let it go through GB, then Ireland, then the rest of Europe, then the USA, etc? That would mean Spiky will get it in a few years.
  36. Angua_rox New Member

That sounds fair :D
  37. spiky Bar Wench

pffft. Typical.
  38. Hsing Moderator

I am so sorry... Did you notice the second BDiary project? It harbors less geographical discrimination...

To provide some update, the people who already added something are:

Hsing
    Cynical Youth
    Saccharissa
    Lipi
  39. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i've got suitable pens/biros/whatevers now.

plus i've got some amazing cramps in my hand from typing data entry all day at work.

oopsie.
  40. spiky Bar Wench

Will get to the virtual one... as soon as I get this mountain of exam marking done :(
  41. Saccharissa Stitcher

Om has contributed to the Chain Diary during the OmCon as well.
  42. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i now have a wrist brace. but it's awfully hard to grip a pen with it on....
  43. plaid New Member

excuses are for the weak, garner.
  44. Hsing Moderator

Is the diary still in Hastings, by the way? :)
  45. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Um...

No. We gave it to Doors. Ages ago. Before we ever got it, even!

Um...

*throws smoke grenade and runs*
  46. Katcal I Aten't French !

Come now plaid, a good excuse can last for months, if not years if it's well used.
  47. Hsing Moderator

*puts on gasmask, lights floodlights and launches bazooka*

I admit, through all the hassle at home, I forgot it for a while.
    Still... Any chance it can continue it's travels soon? If this project were a baby, it would be walking steadily by now.
  48. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'd like to point out that not only have I done my bit, I have also been dutifully nagging Garner to do his bit as well so we can post it on. But he hasn't. And he's not even wearing his wrist brace any more!
  49. Hsing Moderator

Weeeell...?

*sobs* I don't even remember how the book looked anymore! *sobs*
  50. Hsing Moderator

*coughs*
  51. Electric_Man Templar

*passes a throat sweet*
  52. Hsing Moderator

*points bazooka at Ben for the moment*
  53. Electric_Man Templar

yeesh, you try to help someone and they throw it back in your face...

*blocks bazooka's barrel with a 5-year old bottle of Irn Bru*
  54. Garner Great God and Founding Father

oh for pete's sake... let's just send the thing on its merry way and my contribution can be two pages of gathered dust.
  55. Katcal I Aten't French !

**Explains to Garner how to gather dust on strips of stickytape and stick them down on paper in a creative-looking mess.**
  56. Hsing Moderator

Artists block?
    Should we just re-include you later in the line, as it's going to make it's way through GB and neighbouring countries, or should we chain you to a wall of my parent's house in August and make you add something?:razz:
  57. Katcal I Aten't French !

Can we chain him to the wall anyway whether he sends it or not ?

No, just a suggestion...